Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4793 Discussions

Raid Module RMS25CB080 Event IDs 267 and 268 Question

Leo-MJS
Novice

Hello everyone,

Very seldom, just once a months our RMS25CB080-powered RAID Web Console lists events ID 267 and 267 referring to physical drive 2. Unfortunately, Web Console output doesn't seem enough to interpret the data provided adequately, and Intel tech support appears to be of no use. So could someone explain what the output listed below means?

Thank you in advance for any hints and assistance!

ID = 267
SEQUENCE NUMBER = 40865
TIME = 08-07-2023 05:20:25
LOCALIZED MESSAGE = Controller ID: 0 Command timeout on PD: PD = -:-:2No addtional sense information, CDB = 0x28 0x00 0x0e 0x26 0xc4 0x00 0x00 0x02 0x00 0x00 , Sense = , Path = 0x5000C50031AA29ED

ID = 268
SEQUENCE NUMBER = 40864
TIME = 08-07-2023 05:20:25
LOCALIZED MESSAGE = Controller ID: 0 PD Reset: PD = -:-:2, Critical = 3, Path = 0x5000C50031AA29ED

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Leo-MJS.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your ticket regarding these particular events, and I will be reviewing this with you.

There are no details we can share based this information, but we may be able to provide more details with a complete RAID log, so please let me know the following:

1. For how long have you noticed these events?

2. Have you confirmed if the issue follows the drive or stays in the slot? (maybe swapping the drive with a different one or connecting it on a different slot).

3. Can you share a complete RAID log?

- Download the StorCLI utility: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17809/

- Instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007072/server-products/sasraid.html

I will follow up on July 14th in case you need additional time.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Leo-MJS
Novice

Hello Bruce,

Appreciate your response! Here go answers to your questions:

1. Actually, Events 267 and 268 occurences are extremely low. As of now, once were reported just twice, 06.08.2022 and 07.08.2023, both times soon after 5 AM

2. Negative, none of occurrences followed the drive/stay in the slot

3. Sure I can. Please check the log file attached

Regards,
Leo B.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Leo-MJS

Thank you for the details and log.

Please allow us to review this and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Rards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Leo-MJS.

Additionally to my previous post...

Can you confirm if this is an Intel Server System or one from a different OEM?

In case it is OEM, was the card preinstalled? or was it purchased separately?

Would you mind sharing a system report using Intel System Support Utility?

- Download: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

I will follow up July 14th in case additional time to get the information is required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
Leo-MJS
Novice

Hello again,

This server appliance was purchased as a server kit directly from Intel, therefore card should be considered OEM as well as pre-installed.

Speaking of system report to share, please check the file attached to this response.

Regards,
Leo B.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Leo-MJS.

Thank you for all the information.

After reviewing the product details and confirming that both (the card and the server board) have already reached the end of their support life cycle (EOIS) as they have been discontinued for around five years, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for them, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos