Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4826 Discussions

S1200SPOR External (PCI-e) display adapter not working

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

We have connected a PCI-e display adapter (nVidia) inside this server, Windows 10 does not see any new hardware, we do not get any video from this adapter (on boot or Windows), we have the BIOS drivers loaded.

Are there any standards that need to be met in the new card for the system to see it? How can we tell in BIOS if it sees the new adapter?

The card we are testing (Jaton nVidia VIDEO-PX628GS-LP1), works in other Intel boards (DX79xx series).

28 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Ashley,

I'm still investigating about this issue. I will get back to you as I get new information.

Best regards,

Intel(R) Technical Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ashley,

I hope you are doing well today,

I'm following up with you to see if you were able to do the tests with the other video card?

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ashley,

Were you able to test the P1000 on this server board?

Bear in mind that the only PCIe slot on the SPO SKU is a x8 electrical so this could also limit the use of graphics cards with this board.

Regards,

0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Ive ordered a complete new system and a nVidia (PNY) P1000 card, wont be here for another 4 weeks, will know more then.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for your quick response.

Ok, in that case can we close this case and you can re-open it once you have the new system and let us know the results?

Regards,

0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

yes, i will update once i know the result in this thread

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for your update. I will proceed in closing this case as you indicate.

Regards,

0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

As an update, we have built the new R1000 chassis and installed an nVidia Quadro P1000 card (made by PNY), image below, its fits fine, Windows 10 can see it, although we have not tested the displays yet (waiting on cables).

As you can see theirs a lot of room spare, however the P1000 is the most power card we can get that will fit the space, all others would hit the USB3 front ports (black plug lower right).

0 Kudos