hope you can help me. Have buyed an Intel S2600STB Server Mainboard and installed a Xeon Gold CPU. The mainboard has upgraded to the latest bios version.
When I access the bios under mass storage there will be shown the SATA Controller as disabled and I can´t enabled it, the field is not reachable. The sSATA Controller working fine.
I have installed one Xeon Gold 6146 on the mainboard. The Mainboard has attached two NVMe, but I have tried it without NVMe drives with the same result. The drives working fine in the previous S2600CP mainboard with the same connection and case.
thank you for your fast response.
I see the AHCI option and this is the selected option, there is an optional "RAID Mode" available.
With both options after a reboot the SATA Controller will always be in disabled state.
So I tried to turn off the server, remove all cable connection from the SATA Port, boot it again, but the SATA controller continues in disabled state.
thanks again for your reply and your help!
First I´ve had enabled the SATA controller successfully with the RAID option, thank you.
But I have some questions:
- Why the AHCI mode doesn´t work and show the SATA controller in disabled state, it´s a little bit strange.
- Did you think do find the Storage Controller option is easy? ;) It is possible to move it to a more intuitive way with the next BIOS version?
- And finally, I´ve used on the S2600CP2 a mini SAS HD x4 cable to SAS SFF-8643 with reverse signals. The cable works fine on that board, but not on the S2600STB (there are no HDDs listed in the Controller ROM). I think I need a cable without reverse signals, correct?
thanks for all the useful information.
- I´m not sure about the AHCI Modus, when I select the AHCI Modus the SATA Controller show as disabled, but when I connect drives it will work?
- Thank you
- Ok, I will check for the right cable
Jose thanks for your helpful information and your fast responses, I'm really appreciated about that.
thanks for checking and thanks again for your help.
Yes it is all fine, you can mark the thread as resolved. When I have further questions, I will contact you again.
Thanks again and wish you merry christmas.