Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4795 Discussions

The CPUs in this multiprocessor system are not all the same revision level.

idata
Employee

Hello,

I have a dual processor Supermicro board http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon1333/5000X/X7DAL-E.cfm

with two Intel Xeon E5345 processors installed which report different revision and stepping level

Proc 1: cpu type: 0, family: 6, model: F, stepping: 7, revision: 67

Proc 2: cpu type: 0, family: 6, model: F, stepping: B, revision: B7

I purchased them from Newegg about 3 months apart and they could not accept an exchange or return and suggested I contact Intel for assistance after telling me that stepping and revision levels could not be guaranteed at purchase due to different warehouses shipping this equipment, etc.

I'm running 2K3 server Ent. and I'm receiving the following informational event ID 41:

The CPUs in this multiprocessor system are not all the same revision level. To use all processors the operating system restricts itself to the features of the least capable processor in the system. Should problems occur with this system, contact the CPU manufacturer to see if this mix of processors is supported.

Can I submit a request to Intel to swap the least capable proc for one with a matching stepping and revision as I suspect this situation is responsible for ongoing frequent BSOD on boot? Also I suspect mismatched stepping and revision levels are not at all efficient from the get-go. Thanks in advance-Ed

0 Kudos
0 Replies