Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

A Multi-Million Dollar Idea for Intel

super_s_
Beginner

Intel has been struggling to enter the smartphone market.

But they have not yet realized, they can have a massive edge over all of the competition!

I'm giving you, Intel, this idea. I hope you develop it and advance the state of technology in the world. I also hope with the many millions you make from it you swing a million or two my way, and I'll keep giving you top notch ideas.

ARM has not yet exploded into the server and workstation market, but it is happening. The way things are going Intel will lose massive market share in the coming years.

Besides the development of new ARM hardware (which only takes 6 months to 2 years) the only barrier holding back ARM in the workstation and server market is software.
Software is relatively slow to change, but it is already happening. Many popular Linux distros are now available for ARM, even windows is available for ARM... so it's just a matter of a few short years before the software barrier to being able to use ARM CPUs for most software is possible.

The fact that Intel is currently uncompetitive in the smart-phone/tablet market yet means the adoption of ARM is accelerating, currently if you want to support mobile, that means you need to support ARM.

Intel CPUs are x64 PC processors. They can run any desktop/server software. The new Atom CPUs can even run x64 VM's. This is a huge competitive edge. Intel, you should really be exploiting this edge, while this window of opportunity remains open.

This is what you need to do to gain a rock solid position in the market, heavily in demand, where nobody will be able to compete with you for a few years, and you will slow down ARM adoption significantly.

1. Develop small/medium/large phones/tablets with powerful x64 CPUs with VT and lots of RAM capability and connectivity options.
2. Run Android, but have a normal BIOS that can boot any x86/x64 operating system (Linux/XP/W7/W8/W10) from internal storage.
3. Make it possible to easily boot from a USB3 Flash Drive/Hard drive/SSD.
4. Make it possible to easily attach a Keyboard/Mouse/ and 3 (yes tripple) Full HD monitors. It doesn't matter if only 1 has a fast refresh rate, and the other two refresh slowly, it can be used for home/office purposes.

Now you have the next generation PC, that fits in your pocket, but becomes more powerful, accessible and usable when you get to the home/office.

Let me know if I should send my bank details for royalties ;)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
super_s_
Beginner

Such functionality is well within your capabilities and today's technology.

With such capabilities it will be possible to have Intel lounges, (basically a docking station offering a screen and optionally a KB and mouse).

Intel docking stations can be available at airport lounges, on business class flights, hotel rooms and coffee shops.

Large displays require a lot of battery power. That equates to large size and weight.

You can eliminate all of that size and weight, without the hassles associated with traditional internet cafes. The docking station is totally dumb and stores no data, it doesn't need upgrades/anti-virus/maintenance. The TCO will be low and rewards will be high.

0 Kudos