Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

A large project is not loaded (Construct 2 + XDK 1912)

Dmitriy_K_
Beginner

Hello everyone!
I have downloaded and compiled a simple project with one sprite for IOS and everything went without error.

Then I tried to download my main, large project (191 MB), and it is not loaded on the server.
I get the messages:
1. Some of the files are not loaded;
2. Timeout;
3. There is no internet connection;
4. Endless loading.

Settings are identical for small and large projects.

I think this is due because of the large file. All plugins are disabled, nothing more. How to get around this problem and download the project to the server?

Thanks.

My Skype: dim.fly

0 Kudos
7 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

We limit the size of apps to 100 mb.

I know must Construct2 users are not coders, so me telling you to cache your assets and then read them from cache for use in your game doesnt make much sense, so I am not going to tell you to do that :)

I will file a ticket with developers so we can talk about this in the future, however, in the mean time try reducing the size of your app.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Update on this. We are going to increase the size of the app which you can upload to 250 MB on Monday. So as long as you can hold off until 4/27 you should be good.

0 Kudos
Dmitriy_K_
Beginner

Hello! I still get the error:

Unable to build. Please verify that you are connected to the internet and try again.

Could not read file: C:/Users/Dmitriy/Desktop/bl_90_4/plugins/org.apache.cordova.file/www/blackberry10/getFileMetadata.js

0 Kudos
Dmitriy_K_
Beginner

I disabled all plugins and archive upload to the server. But the build has failed.
Building a log no. Simply, it was reported that I checked the bundle.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I did verify an app as large as 250 Mb can now be uploaded to the build servers.

Why are you including the cordova file plugin locally? Can you post a screen shot of the error?

"But the build has failed" - Can you please be more specific? Platform? What did the build log say?

0 Kudos
Dmitriy_K_
Beginner

Build log was not simple. IOS only.

Maybe I made some mistakes.

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hi please follow this documentation to build your iOS application.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/building-cordova-ios-apps-intel-xdk

0 Kudos