Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

ARM translator issue in Android-X86 platform

robert_l_4
Beginner

I am a developer who work at Android-X86 platform. Now, I want to make Android applications with ARM instruction native librarys could worked well on X86 chipset with Android-X86 platform. So, We need ARM translator to match this platform. As I even know, Android-X86 has supported Intel ARM translator with Android-X86 4.0 version. But I can not find that libraries at  BuilDroid Website. I attampted to install other ARM translator libraries comes from Android VM verdor. Such as GenyMotion. but it is not match  Android-X86 platform.

So, I want to know Where I can download the Intel ARM translator libraries for Android-X86 4.4 or download the source code of intel ARM translator to match this platform?@

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Eduardo_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It is not clear what do you mean by ARM translator, but if you are currently creating Android applications with native code (C, C++) you should be looking for information on how to build the application for each of the platforms you want to support either using a fat binary or creating specific apks for each platform.

As a reference you can look into this articles here on IDZ 
- https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/android-ndk-for-intel-architecture
- https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/building-ndk-apps-with-android-studio

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
robert_l_4
Beginner

Hi,

ARM translator, which is a compont of Android-X86 to support ARM native library running on. it including some libraries. Such as Intel providing " libhoudini.so", " libdvm_houdini.so".

now, We want to create a project with Android-X86 to support most of APKs including ARM native libraries. But We can not download the original Intel ARM translator at  BuilDroid Website. and there is no code shared by Intel.

So, Is there any resolution with the problem?

0 Kudos
Eduardo_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Robert,

This libraries are not components that you can download and import to your applications, they are libs used by the Android OS to add the support you mentioned.

As I explained in my previous comment if you are building native applications you should worry about how to build your apps for each platform. The libs you mentioned should not be a dependency.

Regards.

0 Kudos