Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

About GMA500 driver development

berga_d
Beginner
I have a simple question: will the driver for the GMA500 support WDDM 1.1? The hardware is DX10.1 capable, but lacks driver support. Vista GMA500 driver is not compatible with Win7, using it leads to a lot of bsod in many operations. With wddm 1.1 memory usage for the dwm hopefully will be reduced, and maybe will get a better 2d acceleration, useful for flash apps. As a last chance, if wddm 1.1 support is not planned, will wddm 1.0 Vista driver be patched to work well under Win7?
Davide Bergamini
0 Kudos
9 Replies
aszu123
Beginner
Is anyone aware of any progress regarding the above? Recent Win7 drivers release has made vastt improvements in terms of stability (no more BSODs), but performance is still embarasing (i.e. even Aero is very choppy).

For instance, IEGD driver (sadly only XDDM version is available) for GMA 500 almost doubles 3D performance comparing to the latests Win7 drivers (from about 900 points to 1800 points in 3D Mark 2001 SE). However, Aero obviously won't work on these IEDC drivers and also DXVA is broken.

Also, support for WDDM 1.1 is very badly needed - this should bring up significant performance improvement (2D acceleration, lower memory usage)

Any information would be really appreciated.

0 Kudos
autumn_equinox
Beginner
Quoting - aszu123
Is anyone aware of any progress regarding the above? Recent Win7 drivers release has made vastt improvements in terms of stability (no more BSODs), but performance is still embarasing (i.e. even Aero is very choppy).

For instance, IEGD driver (sadly only XDDM version is available) for GMA 500 almost doubles 3D performance comparing to the latests Win7 drivers (from about 900 points to 1800 points in 3D Mark 2001 SE). However, Aero obviously won't work on these IEDC drivers and also DXVA is broken.

Also, support for WDDM 1.1 is very badly needed - this should bring up significant performance improvement (2D acceleration, lower memory usage)

Any information would be really appreciated.

I couldn't agree more with you guys above.

Any information/updates on this topicwouldbetremendouslyappreciated.
0 Kudos
feelfreefly
Beginner
Quoting - autumn.equinox

I couldn't agree more with you guys above.

Any information/updates on this topicwouldbetremendouslyappreciated.

I could not believe that gma500 is a new developed chip coz it performs sh-it.
After a hard google searching, when I knew that gma500 run better on XP, I have to install XP for my new sony vaioX116. But the offical xp driver is still sh-it.
It's the time for intel to prove herself.
0 Kudos
Sankar_V
Employee

Hello,

We do not have support WDDM 1.1. Please list the problems that you are seeing with XP or Windows 7, we will try to address.

Sankar

0 Kudos
berga_d
Beginner

Hi!

The situtation has changed a lot... About six month are passed and you have released the Win7 driver. When I have wrote first post there was only Vista driver available.

I'm very happy you (and the GMA500 driver development team) are now listening to users problems and questions!

Can you give us any information about future openGL support or better performance in next releases? Thanks!

We will write problems here in future... Thanks for the attention given to this thread!

0 Kudos
lordull80
Beginner
wai gothic 1 and 2 don't work on my intel gma 500
0 Kudos
ABHISHEK_S_Intel
Employee
Hi there,
Regarding your query on OGL support on GMA500 platform...
GMA500 Windows gfx team has started working on OGL support. Based on my knowledge OGL 2.0 is being targeted for Win7 OS driver. For Linux OS driver version, already OGL 2.0 support is available.
Hope this answers your querstion :)
0 Kudos
theprophet
Beginner
Hello,
It is now mostly a year since they began working on OpenGL 2.0 support for GMA500 ; are there any news ?
0 Kudos
Wojo_A_
Beginner
Hi there, I'm using Windows 8 on my Nokia Booklet 3G with GMA500, but the resolution don't fit the screen; to get Modern UI working, I've set it on 1024x768. Is there any chance for an update to highen the resolution?
0 Kudos