Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Accessing dynamic php page through xdk app where print option is not working

kulkarni__sameer
Beginner

I developed xdk apk, through that i am accessing dynamic php page where print option i made its not working but when page is opened in mobile browser its promts to printer options.I need very much help.Please help me.I am new to intel xdk.

Thanks Regards

Sameer K

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I recommend using the echo statement instead of print statements for your php page. You can find more information about using echo statements at http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_echo_print.asp.

0 Kudos
kulkarni__sameer
Beginner

Sir thanks for ur suggestion,i am talking about print option within browser i.e i have written code in javascript i.e window.print() it promts to print page whenever i clicks on print button.this one working in mobile chrome browser not working in app.Any Suggestion regarding this Sir.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Your code is not running in a browser, it is only running inside an HTML5 runtime engine (see this blog for details). Things like printing, URL bars, tabs, etc. are features of the browser that connect the HTML5 runtime engine to host OS services. The environment your app is running in is not a browser, so you have to connect to those host OS services through Cordova plugins. This means that you need to search for a "cordova print plugin" to find something that might do what you want. If you do not find one you will have to write one.

The Intel XDK creates standard Cordova apps (aka PhoneGap apps).

0 Kudos