Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

All issues I have come accross whilst using XDK and Eclipse IDE

Anonymous
Not applicable

The issues I have found are as follows with Eclipse:

1. Cannot duplicate or make new projects. https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/541684

2. None of the c++ examples for Grove sensors work, when including the Grove files into an existing demo project ( as I still cannot create new or duplicate) it just throws errors that the classes do not exist even though they are included in the project and project settings.

Issues with IoT XDK:

1. Freezes entire computer, pretty much impossible to do anything while it is running, crashes browsers, slows down PC and takes forever to do anything.  I can have my 3D printer software open, Netbeans with many projects open, Filezilla connected to multiple domains, image editing software, 3 browsers and other software open at the same time but when I open the XDK I can only have the XDK and one browser tab open, and even that crashes the browser constantly.

2.  WARN package.json OnboardLEDBlink@0.0.0 No repository field. Demo project does not work, says everything is uploaded ok but led doesnt blink. Started with the blink example and gave up after first hour of repeating the steps in the guide. Cannot find info online to fix this.

3. "The secure connect will work with this old daemon but you will not be protected against insecure connections" click here to view more takes me to page that says i am not authorized and access is denied to view despite being logged in, again gave up, nothing seems to work this happens for most of the error pop ups.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NagaVenkat_K_Intel

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the feedback. Please check the latest release Intel® IoT Developer Kit v1.0

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just download the C++ IDE from 1.0 and only now do I see similar to the screen shots in the guide ie the home page has the IoT Developer Kit tab etc, I had the correct download before which included the example IoT samples but the tab was none existent. Will check it out and reply back here if I still have issues. The rest of the stuff seems to be geared towards Edison so not sure if they are relevant as I am developing only on Galileo Gen1. Thanks for your help with everything will reply back soon.

0 Kudos
Ted_E_
Beginner

Not sure if this is the place ,but I have a problem with the iot xdk and cannot find an answer.

With the xdk iot edision open, the iot XDK tap continues to show the following message:

Intel XDK - IoT App Daemon (requires Intel XDK IoT Edition greater than 075) v0.0.31

I have looked for a solution, but am probably just to new to know what is going on.

I have loaded the latest version of the XDK iot edition (1826) and updated the the xdk-daemon to the Edison several times.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

ted

0 Kudos
NagaVenkat_K_Intel

Try installing the all new Intel® IoT Developer Kit v1.0 and check if you are still facing the issues.

0 Kudos