Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Amplifier/Inspector not working

Peter_Krusche
Beginner
Hi,

I seem to have a problem getting Amplifier and Inspector to work both in Windows 7 64-bit and (tried afterwards) Windows XP 32-bit, using VS2005 and 2008. When run from the IDE, Amplifier/Inspector complain about no data being generated, when running from the command line, I get something like this (the same error message appears in the pin.log files generated when run from the Visual Studio):

[shell]C:Documents and Settingspeterworkspaceproject> ampl-cl -collect hotspots debugtest.exe

A:Sourcepinwinloaderos_info_winloader.cpp:LEVEL_BASE::DBG_TRACE::Wait:400: assertion failed: m_lastEvent.dwThreadId == m_processInfo.dwThreadId

NO STACK TRACE AVAILABLE
Using result path `C:Documents and Settingspeterworkspaceprojectr003hs'
Executing actions 50 % done
Error: Error 0x4000001d (Raw collector data could not be found) -- The result has no raw data. Cannot re-finalize the result[/shell]
This happens with any project, including the samples supplied with Parallel Studio SP1.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Peter
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_Magee__Intel_
Hi Peter,

I'm double checking this on one of our machines. Could you include some more information about your system? I'd like the version number for Visual Studio, and the build numbers for Amplifier and Inspector (all of which can be found in Visual Studio's "Help" menu under "About..."). I'd also like for you to run msinfo32, export the system information as a text file, and attach that as well.

Thanks,

-Kevin
0 Kudos
Peter_Krusche
Beginner
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply!

I have just found the reason, it seems Amplifier/Inspector are not compatible with Bitdefender 2010. I removed BD and now everything works just fine. I attached the Sysinfo/Visual Studio Info results anyway in case you're interested in investigating it further...

-Peter
0 Kudos