Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Analysing Various Parameters of the GPU without using the available tools.

lizardking6
Beginner
Hello,
I am trying to analyse the Intel GPU parameters and want to avoid using an already available tool.
I intend to write a C/C++ code for the same using the already available Windows API's.
I tried searching for the already available API's that Windows 7 supports, but my efforts have not borne fruit so far. Any help/advice is highly appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi,

>>...I am trying to analyse the Intel GPU parameters and want to avoid using an already available tool...

It is not clear for me what 'tool' ( utulity ) you're talking about, but I recommend you to look at:

- DirectX SDK ( any since 2005, or so );

- NVIDIA SDK 9.5.x ( and later ) ( please take a look at 'VendorDeviceIDsExample.zip' example);

- Intel's website at Code & Downloads( please take a look at"GPUDetect" example \ It works!)

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Intel's 'GPUDetect' example enclosed.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
NVIDIA's 'VendorDeviceIDsExample' example enclosed.
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

Can you help us understand why you "... want to avoid using an already available tool"? Is it the cost of the tool that's the issue, or something else?

Also, are you looking for "metrics" or parameters -- are you looking for metrics such as the number of pixels rendered, or parameters such as the number of EU's or the version of DX supported by the device?

If you are looking for GPU metrics data, this data can already be obtained by using the Intel GPA toolset, which is available as a free download (see the product's home page). If this doesn't meet your needs, as mentioned in another response the DirectX toolkit from Microsoft is your best bet, but realize that you are quite limited in specific GPU information you can obtain by using this API.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos