Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

AppMobi not working on device

scott_p_
Beginner

I have built an app using the Intel XDK.  My goal in this question is to get APPMOBI to function in my application on both Android and IOS platform. When I test the App in the emulator it works perfect. I am able to send messages to the application and it receives them fine and displays them as expected.

In the process of getting this working I went to the "Development" tab of my project and opened up the "WEB SERVICES" menu then selected "Explore Services", then opened "appMobi" and then selected "PushMobi".  At this point I receive a screen full of information (Customer, user, Application, Release,Other, and Disclaimer).  I selected the "I agree ..." link and logged in and ended up at http://apphub.appmobi.com/#control-center .  I can see my application and everything appears to be in order.

Question at this point:  I have a very large "Appname" key.  Do I need to somehow enter or load this into my application?  How does this get associated or assigned to my code that I compile?

With all of the above said I went and built my application for bot IOS and Android and downloaded and installed the new build on both devices.  My application functions exactly like I expect with the exception that I do not see any connection to "PushMobi" on the PushMobi console.  In addition, I do not get any of the test messages that I wrote into the application to verify functionality.

I am lost on how to test or proceed.  Do I need to enable something special in my build/license with Apple or Google?  If so, can I get insight and directions?

FYI --  I am doing a"CORDOVA HYBRID MOBILE APP PLATFORMS" build for both Android and IOS.  

• INTEL XDK version 1878
  • Cordova Build 3.5

If you need more information just ASK. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Scott ~

appMobi has not release a Cordova version of pushMobi, therefor, pushMobi will not work with the Cordova builds. pushMobi only works in the Legacy builds. You can search for another 3rd party push plugin that is Cordova based. One that I have used before is pushWoosh, it is fairly simple to get setup.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Scott,

Is your application not working on either of device i.e. android and ios? or working for anyone? If yes then for which one it is not working?

Thanks,

Amrita

0 Kudos
scott_p_
Beginner

The application works fine on both IOS & Adroid for everyone.

The issue is that "PUSHMOBI" does not work on either platform.

Scott

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Scott ~

appMobi has not release a Cordova version of pushMobi, therefor, pushMobi will not work with the Cordova builds. pushMobi only works in the Legacy builds. You can search for another 3rd party push plugin that is Cordova based. One that I have used before is pushWoosh, it is fairly simple to get setup.

0 Kudos