Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Appframework do not reset footer when orientation is changed

Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

I made a simple APP just to test a problem with footer. I have the same issue in a more complex app.

When the app is open, landscape, the footer is on the right position (bottom of the page). See fig 1.

When I change the orientation of the cell phone (landscape), the footer desapear. See fig 2.

When I return the cell to portrait orientation, the footer is on the center of the page.

I made this app using a blank Cordova+HTML5 , using Appframework and build with cordova for android option.

What I need to do? Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Some more information. I get the example Yoga APP and build. The issue is the same. 

This demo APP uses the same environment: Cordova+HTML5+AppDesigner+AppFramework.

I think there is a bug with question (footer on change orientation).

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Any information about it?

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Hamilton,

Let me test the Yoga app and see what the problem is. Will get back to you shortly. 

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

This looks like a bug. I will pass it on to the engineering team and let you know once a fix is in place. 

0 Kudos
Kancho_K_
Beginner

Hi Hamilton,

I am experiencing more or less the same problem with my CrossWalk builds for Android. When I rotate back the screen to portrait mode it is not resized properly and half of it is left blank. Are you using a normal build or CrossWalk? I tested it with normal build and seems it is working fine.

Best Wishes,

Kancho

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Kancho> Yes, the issue is the same. I am using Crosswalk build. I tryied with versions 7, 10, 11 and 12. All of them with the same problem. I tested too with the sample YOGA and occurs the same. 

In this moment I am rewriting all the APP to Framework7 (new in XDK). In my initial tests, it works great. I think that is a problem in App Framework. Do you use App Framework too?

0 Kudos
Kancho_K_
Beginner

Hi Hamilton,

Yes, I am using App Framework as well, but I found out and already reported in another post here that this a kind of problem of  CrossWalk. I tested it out with CrossWalk 14 and is working fine. At this moment we can use CrossWalk 14 as a shared option only...which means that it does not come embedded into your built package and the users have to install it separately at the first run of your app. The good news are that the guys in  Intel (thanks to Paul Fisher for the update on this) are working hard on this and soon we will have CrossWalk 14 available as embedded option as well.

I guess, there might be some workaround of the problem we are facing with the lower versions of CrossWalk but have not found it yet. It would be of great help if anybody can share any experience with this.

Thanks for your comments, by the way!

Best Wishes,

Kancho

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Kancho> I made one test with Cordova 14, but when I tryied to install the APP in my cellular occurs an error. I don´t remenber the description.

The, I removed my APP and installed the new one. In this point I received a message about the need to download the Cordova APP. I gave up.

I think that it very complicated to users. They probably don´t go further with the instalation.

As I said, I rewrite my APP with Framework7 and it is working well, already in Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hamiltonhtsnet.com.br.faleparaowhatsapp).

I am waiting good news about the size of the APP with new versions of embedded Cordova.

Best wishes,

Hamilton

0 Kudos