Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Are build servers working?

Andrea_C_
New Contributor I

In the build tab I receive the message:

Error contacting the remote servers...

In the website is reported that the build server will be discontinued at the end of june, so I expected the servers to work at the moment.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Yes, they will continue to work through June. I just performed a test build (Android) and it worked fine. Occasionally the Amazon services we rely on will hiccup, causing temporary problems.

0 Kudos
lucas_b_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Yes, they will continue to work through June. I just performed a test build (Android) and it worked fine. Occasionally the Amazon services we rely on will hiccup, causing temporary problems.

So in july we won't be able to build ? or it going to work offline,i really still don't get it even after reading about it,will i still be able to update and build my apps in july ?

0 Kudos
lucas_b_
Beginner

when you say by the end of june,does that mean 31 june ,or 20 june,could you make it clear .

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

lucas b. wrote:

So in july we won't be able to build ? or it going to work offline,i really still don't get it even after reading about it,will i still be able to update and build my apps in july ?

When the Intel XDK build system is retired you will no longer be able to use the XDK to build your projects directly, you will have to export your project and use another tool to build your app; the Intel XDK does not include an off-line build system, it never has provided an offline build system.

You can export your project for easy import to PhoneGap Build or Cordova CLI or any other compatible build system using the "Cordova Build Package" tool on the XDK Build tab (install 3977 from http://xdk.intel.com to insure you have that tool on your Build tab). We recommend using the PhoneGap Build cloud-based system, since that is the simplest to use and provides you with the ability to build for all platforms; however, using Cordova CLI is not that difficult but does require that you have a Mac for building for iOS and requires that you have a Windows machine to build for Windows.

lucas b. wrote:

when you say by the end of june,does that mean 31 june ,or 20 june,could you make it clear .

The Intel XDK build system will be available through June; it will be retired after June. Sorry, no precise date when it will actually go away, only that it is guaranteed to be available through June. Now would be a very good time to learn how to export and build with PhoneGap Build or Cordova CLI, so you can compare the results of builds with the XDK versus with those other tools. After the XDK build system is retired you will only be able to export to PhoneGap Build and Cordova CLI.

Please see the XDK release notes for additional details regarding retired features.

0 Kudos