Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

BLE-Central Demo: Plugin Resolution Error

SSBC
Beginner

Greetings,

I have a fresh install of XDK 3641 on Mac OS 10.11.4 and I attempted to open the BLE-Central demo. When I do, I receive a 'Plugin resolution Error' as shown below.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-ssbc

Plugin resolution Error

Command failed: /Applications/Intel XDK.app/Contents/MacOS/git/bin/git -c init.templatedir=/Applications/Intel XDK.app/Contents/MacOS/git/share/git-core/templates clone https://github.com/don/cordova-plugin-ble-central.git /var/folders/cm/q4yjy2712v1c8qt4pdk5873w0000gn/T/git/1478925375598 --single-branch --depth=1 Cloning into '/var/folders/cm/q4yjy2712v1c8qt4pdk5873w0000gn/T/git/1478925375598'... fatal: Unable to find remote helper for 'https'

• unknown
You can cancel plugin resolution and exit this project.
0 Kudos
31 Replies
Amr_N_
Beginner

Paul -- i don't know anything about openssl however when i try openssl version i get OpenSSL 1.0.2h  3 May 2016, and i'm running on OSX 10.11.6

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Turns out there is a way to specify using an alternate version of git, which I was unaware of. Try doing this:

• open the "gear" icon in the upper right of the XDK
  • choose the 'git' tab
  • type in the path to your system's git command

See this image for an example:

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 1.54.11 PM.png

0 Kudos
Amr_N_
Beginner

Yes i already tried this and it didn't work same output same error 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Amr -- I sent you a private message. Also, could you copy the complete error message you are seeing. Please give me a copy of the error message you receive when you use the custom git path and what you get when you make that path blank. I'd like to see both.

0 Kudos
Amr_N_
Beginner

Paul -- i sent you a private message with all the informations you need

0 Kudos
SSBC
Beginner

Glad to see you guys are still working on this.

FWIW, I did a clone of the github repository (actually, did a ZIP file download to be specific) without problems. When I go to open this project (not creating a new demo project) I still get the XDK failure "plugin resolution error" - so I'm pretty sure this is *not* unique to Amr's environment.

I imagine once you find the root cause it will fix it for both of us. Let me know if you need further details from my system.

-ssbc

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

SSBC -- thanks for the update, I sent Amr a revised version of that sample to see if it works for him. I changed the way that plugin was referenced. I'll send you a PM with the same ZIP to see if it works for you. --Paul

0 Kudos
Gene_K_
Beginner

Hi all,

I'm following this thread and am experiencing the same "Plugin Resolution Error".  

"You can cancel plugin resolution and exit this project"
Has there been any understanding, development of a fix?

I'm running OS X10.12.2 and am can't even open the provided template in the "Samples and Demos" folder of Start
a New Project tab in the Intel XDK.  

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Gene -- I did not get a response from Amr, so I do not know if the suggestions I made for his project have resolved the problem. I'll send you a PM to get a copy of your project.

0 Kudos
SSBC
Beginner

Paul,

FWIW, the private image you sent me on or about 11/21 resolved the plugin resolution issue for me on this particular project.

-ssbc

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

SSBC -- thanks for that info.

0 Kudos