Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Beginning Mobile Software Development

zhang02
Beginner

Mobile software development is next big thing. More and more applications are moving from desktop to browser, and now to mobile phones.

Last month I was in Mountain View, and my room mate happened to be a Mobile software developer. Almost every Google mobile product you have used has his big contribution. I had very good conversations with him about Mobile software development, opportunities and challenges.

After coming back to India, I started exploring more about mobile software development. Mobile software is no longer about Windows mobile vs. Symbian, now we have many mobile platforms, like iPhone, Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile.

Before you begin Mobile software development, your choice of platform is very important. Your future in mobile technologies depends on the future of the mobile platform you choose.

iPhone Vs. Android

iPhone can you give you huge user base, on the other hand Android gives you open source advantage.

iPhone brings with it huge user base, but its sdk is in Objective C. So, you must know or must be willing to learn Objective C. Apple Developer center has lot of resources on iPhone development, I will list them at the end of this post.

If you are good at Java or like Java platform, then Android might interest you. Other advantage with Android is that its open source and obviously Google's support for Android is a big win. There is rich documentation available on Android Google site.

The two platform also differs in the way you can distribute your software. iPhone applications can only be distributed through Apple distribution channel, which can be a limiting factor depending on your application and business needs. On the other hand Android being open source, you are free to release and distribute your Android application just like any other open source application.

Here are the list of resources for iPhone and Android software development.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
colby_a
Novice
You actually don't have to learn Objective-C to write an iphone app. I use dragonfiresdk to make apps for the iphone in c/c++ on my pc. You might want to check it out it's been a pretty good option if you develop on windows.
0 Kudos
Maycon_Oliveira
Beginner
Good web site Pooja
Maycon
0 Kudos
sylvesferg86032
Beginner
Most of these answers are great and very accurate.
0 Kudos
amy_patrixxicom_biz

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

Mobile application development company is considered to be a highly challenging operation by many organizations, owing to its multiple platforms and contending technologies.

Xicom offers advanced services in the field of mobile application development across various platforms. We are constantly engaged in raising the bar and setting higher standards for mobile applications by using the three key characteristics, i.e. anytime access, personalization and contextual use, offered by mobile platforms. With more than 10 years of quality experience in deploying well aimed solutions to clients from diverse business verticals and our impressive track record of on time delivery of solutions, we can safely assure a high quality mobile apps development suiting your requirements.

0 Kudos
shin
Beginner
Hi all. im agree, now mobile software is a big thing since there is alot of phone device using mobile OS like android, iphone and windows mobile. many apps today has been developed and will be much many more for tommorow
0 Kudos
oscarmerced_m_
Beginner
Mobile Software Developed is the process by which application software is developed for low-power handheld devices, such as personal digital assistants,enterprise digital assistance or mobiles phones.
0 Kudos