Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Build fails due to missing provisioning profile

Tom_R_3
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to build my application for iOS with Intel XDK ver. 1816 and I'm getting the following log: Wh

• Building a Cordova 3.5 application.
  • The application name is "Foo"
  • The package name is "foo"
  • Will use the provisioning profile for "adhoc"
  • Warning: No provisioning profile found.
  • Error: Provisioning profile is missingd from the configuration file.

When go to Projects > Build Settings > iOS and try to add an ad hoc provisioning profile I alway geht the message: 

iOS Provisioning config files must be located within the project source directory. Copy your provisioning files into the the source directory first if necessary.

even though the provisioning profile is correct and in the correct folder.

Can somebody help me out?

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Max_M_2
Beginner

So what you are saying is that i have to create a new certificate and provisioning file?
Because when I make a new certificate and i upload it to the Intel XDK build program its gives this error:

The certificate was not created with the Certificate Signing Request.

Now i have had this error before but in all honestly I have no idea how i fixed it in the past (even after doing some research).
So please help me on solving it again because i am really desperate after all the errors ive had.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I can't tell you if your certs are good or not, I don't have access to those files and even if I did, I can't look inside of them because they are encrypted.

Certificates do have a time limit, it's possible yours expired and need to be refreshed. At this point I recommend you follow the tutorial and assume you are starting from scratch. The apple cert process is very difficult to debug, unfortunately, this process is defined by Apple, not by us, so we can't get around it. We are introducing a process in the next EA release that we hope will make it easier, but we won't be able to make it foolproof, for that you need to complain to Apple. :(

So please go through the tutorial and assume you are starting from scratch.

0 Kudos
Max_M_2
Beginner
Thank you for your response :) I will try to make a new project and remake all the files. After i have done all this I will let you know how it went. So far, thanks for all the patience and quick responses i got from Intel. It really made me feel happy :)
0 Kudos
Matthew_S_4
Beginner

I've imported my project using Cordova and HTML5 Canvas game. I have both of my provisioning profile files inside the root directory of the game. I followed this tutorial - download the PDF - easier to read.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1353/how-to-export-and-build-your-games-with-intel-xdk-crosswalkphonegap

For the iOS - I am getting an error during the build related to the provisioning profiles.

Build Log:

• Building a Cordova 5.1.1 application.
  • The application name is "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
  • The package name is "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
  • Will use the provisioning profile for "adhoc"
  • Warning: No provisioning profile found.
  • Error: Provisioning profile is missing from the configuration file.

I've probably tried and retried this - even deleted and started a new project but the same results.

Seems like this is a new problem.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Are you selecting the provisioning profile from the Project Settings/Build Settings?

Just because the file is in the www directory, you still need to tell the XDK where to find the file.

0 Kudos
Matthew_S_4
Beginner

In order for this to stop giving me an error message - I had to close Intel XDK client and open it again.

Once XDK was restarted and I went to the build tab - it asked me if I wanted to reload the project - I selected to reload - this was the certs in my root directory would be seen.

Once I restarted and reloaded the project - I am able to build with no problems.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos