Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Build fails due to missing provisioning profile

Tom_R_3
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to build my application for iOS with Intel XDK ver. 1816 and I'm getting the following log: Wh

• Building a Cordova 3.5 application.
  • The application name is "Foo"
  • The package name is "foo"
  • Will use the provisioning profile for "adhoc"
  • Warning: No provisioning profile found.
  • Error: Provisioning profile is missingd from the configuration file.

When go to Projects > Build Settings > iOS and try to add an ad hoc provisioning profile I alway geht the message: 

iOS Provisioning config files must be located within the project source directory. Copy your provisioning files into the the source directory first if necessary.

even though the provisioning profile is correct and in the correct folder.

Can somebody help me out?

0 Kudos
26 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There have been some situations where copying a provisioning file on a Linux system, using the GUI, results in creation of a symbolic link and not copying that actual provisioning file. Check to see that a hard copy of the provisioning file is actually copied into your project directory and not a symbolic link.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Can you provide the full path on your computer to where the provisioning profile is locate? I have seen where username contains odd chars and that causes an issue.

0 Kudos
Tom_R_3
Beginner

Thanks for the replies. For me the solution was to create a new CSR, download the new certificate and create a new profisioning profile with this certificate. I guess I still don't completely understand the concepts here. Should I be able to use one certifcate for multiple applications / profisioning profiles?

0 Kudos
Max_M_2
Beginner

Hello

I kind of have the same problem.

Only mine says something different:

• Building a Cordova 5.1.1 application.
  • The application name is "Weekinfo"
  • The package name is "xdk.intel.blank.ad.template"
  • Will use the provisioning profile for "production"
  • Error: Could not copy the provisioning profile [Weekinfo (1).mobileprovision]

This is weird because i do not have the Weekinfo (1).mobileprovision file in my WWW

As provision file i have: Weekinfo.mobileprovision in my WWW and also in "projects>Build Settings>iOS>Production Provisioning File"

Why do i get this error?
ps. previusly i had the Weekinfo (1).mobileprovision file in my WWW but changed it to Weekinfo.mobileprovision later on.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Double check you actually have the provisioning profile located in the www directory.

Also, make sure you are selecting the correct ad hoc or production in the drop down for what you are trying to build.

0 Kudos
Max_M_2
Beginner

I checked and every file is where it is supposed to be.
(in the WWW folder and in the build tab under IOS production. (yes i have production checked instead of adhoc))

What could still be the problem? The name of the file it says it cant find (Weekinfo (1).mobileprovision) was in the WWW folder before but now after i removed it and replaced the file to Weekinfo.mobileprovision it still says that it cant find Weekinfo (1).mobileprovision while I don't want it to look for that file, I want it to find Weekinfo.mobileprovision.

I heard some people including Tom R. saying they just restart the whole process and do it all over again and then it worked.
But that just seems like a lot of work to me. maybe there is an easier solution?

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Which XDK version are you using?

Are you trying to submit your app to store? if yes then it is ok to use production else you have to select Adhoc.

Make sure whichever provisioning profile you are copying inside www folder that same provisioning profile needs to be uploaded under adhoc build settings for ios.

Here is the article which might help you.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/building-cordova-ios-apps-intel-xdk

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Or try logging out of your XDK account and login back. 

0 Kudos
Max_M_2
Beginner

thanks for the quick response.

I have Intel XDK version 2807 (latest) and I tried logging out and back in.
I also have read that article multiple times but seem to not have found the problem.

And yes both files are for production(app store).
But that does'nt seem to be the problem because it says it can't find(copy) the Weekinfo (1).mobileprovision file, not you are using the wrong file, file is not accepted etc.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Are you using a symbolic link to "copy" the provisioning file into your project? Also, try using a filename with no spaces or special characters, and all lowercase. For example: weekinfo.mobileprovision, not Weekinfo (1).mobileprovision

0 Kudos
Max_M_2
Beginner

I tried recreating all the files since this was the most logical way for me of understanding the problem.
and everything seemed to be fine :)
SEEMED

The build loading screen took a lot longer then usual with which i was happy, but then again it showed an error with yet a new problem.
It said it could'nt build the app and said i had to look at the build log.

I am not super techie at all but i figuered out the error had to be somewhere below all the lines of information.
There i saw a line which said:

ERROR building one of the platforms: Error: .../PwsAppMetCordova/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 2
You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project

Now could this be the problem? that i have the wrong OS? (Windows 10)
This seems weird to because everything worked fine until i started to build. and if i truly have the wrong OS for making an ios app
then why is that option there in the first place?

I think a solution would be to "copy" my project to my MAC (i am using a windows right now) and build it from there.
So my last question is: is it possible to "copy" a project from windows to a mac?

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I really doubt that OS is the problem. Can you provide your entire build log?

And from MAC you need to sign in with your account credentials and copy the files may be through USB storage device or any other and then you can open your projects by just clicking to the .xdk files.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

@Max M ~

Look at the detailed build log. You will see this:

Check dependencies
Code Sign error: Provisioning profile does not match bundle identifier: The provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“weekinfo”) has an AppID of “com.weekinfo.*” which does not match your bundle identifier “xdk.intel.blank.ad.template”.
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.0'

** BUILD FAILED **

You must specify the same AppID in the XDK Project setting as you do when you create and AppID and provisioning profile. If you dont, you get the above build error.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

That error message, from an iOS build, is usually an indication that a plugin you are using requires Xcode 7. Our current iOS build systems are using Xcode 6. First, identify which plugin is causing the error (remove them one at a time from your build settings until you can build without errors). Then, try an older version of the plugin.

0 Kudos
Max_M_2
Beginner

Reaction to JOHN H.:

It is true that i got this error
I think i don't quite understand you.
The Project>IOS>App ID was set to xdk.intel.blank.ad.template, but after i changed it to com.weekinfo.* I still got the same error when building the app. So did i do something wrong? Or did I not really got what you meant? Or is the problem somewhere else?

Reaction to Paul F.

Like I said I am not very techie so sometimes i quite get confused with some terms.
For so far i have only been using HTML and CSS to create this app (I know its not the best way to make an app but it sure makes it easier :))
and haven't used any plugins so far. I don't even know what plugins exactly mean when building an app.

So what do these plugins do?
I currently have 3 which i think are preinstaled:
 1.StatusBar
 2.Device
 3.Splashscreen

If I happen to delete one of these plugins could that possible make my app "not work"?
Because they are pre installed i have know idea what they are doing.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I dont think the build system is designed to handle * appID. Please try using something complete like:

com.weekinfo.myapp

in both the build system and your appID/provisioning profile.

0 Kudos
Max_M_2
Beginner

First of all thanks for the quick response again!
When I try to enter:

com.weekinfo.myapp

(or something simular: com.weekinfo.firstapp / com.weekinfo.testapp etc.)

It says: Please enter a valid Identifier
Now i have no idea what the identifier is exactly so thats why i googeled it and found that you can just put * to make it work.
However if I want to make it work like the way you described it, how could it do that? Because the example you gave resolves into an error.

0 Kudos
Max_M_2
Beginner

NEVERMIND

Please ignore my reaction form above for i have made a mistake.
I sucsesfully created a new app id and i am testing right now...

0 Kudos
Max_M_2
Beginner

Okey so using a different app ID still gave an error but this time a different one (which i guess is good?)
ERROR:

Signing Identity:     "iPhone Distribution: Jip Snelder (QXG45S4E5W)"
Provisioning Profile: "weekinfo"
                      (44fec5f5-41e2-4d07-9c1b-499c8bcb8589)

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign 730CD1F05D4147706B8234593AE15D5EFEF465C8 --resource-rules=.../PwsAppMetCordova/platforms/ios/build/device/weekinfo.app/ResourceRules.plist --entitlements .../PwsAppMetCordova/platforms/ios/build/weekinfo.build/Release-iphoneos/weekinfo.build/weekinfo.app.xcent .../PwsAppMetCordova/platforms/ios/build/device/weekinfo.app
730CD1F05D4147706B8234593AE15D5EFEF465C8: no identity found
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	CodeSign build/device/weekinfo.app
(1 failure)
Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,.../PwsAppMetCordova/platforms/ios/cordova/build-release.xcconfig,-project,weekinfo.xcodeproj,ARCHS=armv7 armv7s arm64,-target,weekinfo,-configuration,Release,-sdk,iphoneos,build,VALID_ARCHS=armv7 armv7s arm64,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=.../PwsAppMetCordova/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=.../PwsAppMetCordova/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch
Command finished with error code 2: .../PwsAppMetCordova/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device
ERROR building one of the platforms: Error: .../PwsAppMetCordova/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 2
You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project
Error: .../PwsAppMetCordova/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 2
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Developer/cordova/5.1.1/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:134:23)
    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at maybeClose (child_process.js:753:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:820:5)

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Max, regarding the App ID -- in the links you are finding you are confusing what you specify in your Apple Developers account, to create a mobileprovision file, versus what you assign in your app to uniquely identify that app. You can use a wildcard (*) in a mobile provisioning file for testing purposes (not for publishing to the store) when you create that provisioning file in your Apple Developer account. You cannot use a wildcard in the actual App ID that you specify in the XDK Build Settings.

The error you are seeing looks like a bad certificate or mobileprovision file. See this tutorial https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/building-cordova-ios-apps-intel-xdk

0 Kudos