Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Build info

erling_andersen
New Contributor I

I am newcomer to cilk but like it.

Now I have been looking for build and linking instructions e.g which libs should I link with.

Now the section

https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/522585

is called 

Build, Run and Debug an Intel(R) Cilk(TM) Plus Program

but it has NO info about building.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hansang_B_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Intel compilers compile and link Cilk Plus programs without any specific compiler flags by default.

This page contains an example showing how to create, build, and run a cilk program starting from a serial program:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/522584

0 Kudos
erling_andersen
New Contributor I

On Windows it worked out of the box.

On Linux I got

/home/eda/mosekprj/dev/bld/vejle/final/default/intelc-15.0.0/dll/libmosek64.so: undefined reference to `__cilkrts_rethrow'
/home/eda/mosekprj/dev/bld/vejle/final/default/intelc-15.0.0/dll/libmosek64.so: undefined reference to `__cilkrts_sync'
/home/eda/mosekprj/dev/bld/vejle/final/default/intelc-15.0.0/dll/libmosek64.so: undefined reference to `__cilkrts_leave_frame'
/home/eda/mosekprj/dev/bld/vejle/final/default/intelc-15.0.0/dll/libmosek64.so: undefined reference to `__cilkrts_get_worker_number'
/home/eda/mosekprj/dev/bld/vejle/final/default/intelc-15.0.0/dll/libmosek64.so: undefined reference to `__cilkrts_bind_thread_1'
/home/eda/mosekprj/dev/bld/vejle/final/default/intelc-15.0.0/dll/libmosek64.so: undefined reference to `__cilkrts_get_tls_worker'
scons: *** [bld/vejle/final/default/intelc-15.0.0/bin/mosek] Error 1

Most likely I have to linking with a cilk library. And that was info I was looking for.

[

0 Kudos
Hansang_B_Intel
Employee

You will have to include "-lcilkrts" in this case assuming library search path is properly set up.

FYI, cilk runtime library (libcilkrts.so, libcilkrts.so.5) is located in <compiler installation root>/lib/<arch>/, just in case you have to add library search path for some reason.

0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee

Hello - I've submitted a documentation request to update the wording on that title too. That section is really on Debugging only. Building and running content is in the less-obviously named "Introduction" section. The report id number is DPD200365882.

0 Kudos