Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can not get the camera to load

Chris_C_4
Beginner

I received the camera today and have installed the SDK and updated the firmware. When I run any of the examples the camera light comes on then immediately turns off. 

I am running on USB 3 and the spec of the machine I am using is:

Windows 8

Intel i7-4900MQ CPU @ 2.80GHZ 

RAM: 16 GB

Type: 64 bit

NVidia GeForce GTX

0 Kudos
6 Replies
germ13
Beginner

Hello.

Might sound like a dumb suggestion, but have you tried restarting machine?

Another suggestion is to see if it works with the Intel Capture Viewer application at all.

See if you are getting any messages/Errors in your event viewer Windows-X -> Event Viewer ->Windows Logs -> Applications when camera tries to turn on.

Are you running Windows 8 or 8.1? That might be an issue. 

Good luck.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Yeah, as Germ said, RealSense needs Windows 8.1 in the new Gold version of the SDK.

Also, the camera needs to be plugged directly into a USB 3.0 port on your PC and not in a USB hub.

0 Kudos
Chris_C_4
Beginner

I am running 8.1 and plugged directly into USB 3.0

Capture viewer I get the following:

Color stream: works

Depth Stream: Was Stopped with code [-202]. ERROR: Device failed due to unplug or unavailability. (the green light goes on then turns off)

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question Chris, but do you have another USB 3.0 port on your computer that you can plug the camera into?  I find with some USB devices that they will work fine in one port but not in another, and will experience the same kind of power-light shut off that you are having with the camera.  

There does not seem to be a good reason why this should happen - some devices just seem to like some USB ports more than others!

0 Kudos
Khyati_Ninad_M_
Beginner

Hi Team,

Any solutions to this issue? I am facing the same problem with my machine and camera.

Kind Regards

Khyati

0 Kudos
T_RUTH__P_
Beginner

Facing the same problems here

The camera is installed everything is installed the camera light also glows but I get a message that the camera is not detected.

The camera is displayed in the hidden devices connected to the computer but when opened either directly or through the capture viewer it doesnot show. Only my inbuilt webcam which is 2d is getting displayed.

The voice recognition is not working

It shows an error failed to load or something else.

I also got my camera late How am I expected to submit my demo within the time also the Intel people are yet to allow any late submissions. I ally donot know what to do

Anyone has their problem solved. I am also facing the problems similar to the posted ones her

Any suggetsions

THANKS

RUTH

0 Kudos