Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can't install Parallel Studio XE 2015 Windows (invalid license)

AndrewC
New Contributor III

I use a "standalone" license file.
I have a valid license file ( maintenance is valid until Dec 2014) for "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Windows" yet the  Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2015 for Windows installer says "Valid license not found" on the "Select Components to Install" page and I cannot install anything.

I also tried using my serial number to no avail.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AndrewC
New Contributor III

And to add insult to injury, I have tried repeatedly to open a ticket in Premier support for this  and keep getting the error

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

I also re-requested my license file from registration.intel.com, selected alternate activation, selected activate off line, then selected the "new" license file. No difference.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi vasci,

I succeeded in activating Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Windows* with your serial number.  Could you please give a try?  If it still fails, please let me know file name of your installer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

Hmm, odd

The installer is called "parallel_studio_xe_2015_setup.exe"

This is what I did.

• I selected the option " I have a serial number and wish to activate my product" and entered my serial #
  • The installer thinks for a bit then sends me to a screen with "no components selected to install"
  • I click customize select IA32 and Intel 64 <Next>
  • All components are greyed out with a message "Valid License not found"

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the info.  I reproduced the problem.  Let me take a look.

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

The above installer was the "full package". I also tried the "online installer" parallel_studio_xe_2015_online_setup.exe with identical results.

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

Excellent you can reproduce! Look forward to a solution!

0 Kudos
david-arnold
Beginner

I have the same problem as vasci.

The reg center believes I am entitled as support runs until March 2015. I have re-downloaded the license file, etc., etc.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi vasci, david,

Our registration engineer confirmed that vasci's license is good.  With it, we can activate the following two suites without any problem.  This is a temporary workaround for you.
    Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows*
    Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ Windows* 

This could be an IPS XE 2015 installer issue.  I'm entering it to our problem-tracking database.  I'll update this thread, once there is an update from installation team.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

I can concur with the above workaround. Installing the Composer C++/Fortran separately works fine.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

vasci, our IRC engineer generated a new serial number for you, and sent to you last Friday.  You should be able to install new 2015 suite with it.

david-arnold, please send me your serial number in problem via private message.  I'll ask the engineer to generate a new one for you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
david-arnold
Beginner

Hello

The new serial number (almost) worked. This issue, however, I could resolve myself.

For historical reasons my TEMP/TMP environment variables do not point to a C: drive directory. This has to due with whether the particular drive is redundant or not. Anyway, the installation program started off well but in mid installation decided it did not have the necessary permissions to access its own log file in the temp directory. This was true even though the installation was running with admin privileges.

Changing the temp directory to the default C:\TEMP allowed the installation to complete. Probably no one else will care but perhaps the person writing the installer will take an interest.

The support has been excellent. Thank you.

David Arnold

0 Kudos
Meriem_Y_
Beginner

I have unstalled the IPP library , and when i would reinstall it , i have  I have the same problem : The serial number you provides is not valid for this product.

could i install the same procust in diffrent machines? 

How can i reset it?

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Meriem,

I'm assuming you were trying to install same version of IPP on a different machine with the same license.  That should be ok.  You will get an error message, if support of your license is expired and you try to install an IPP library released after your support expiration date.

Please create a new thread, rather than post a reply in an old thread, if the problem still persists.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This thread had multiple issues. The original issues had been addressed and resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos