Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can't login to Intel XDK

Ricardo_G_2
Beginner

Hi,

I'm new to Intel XDK, and I've been trying since yesterday to login into my newly created account. However, something is not working properly. I created the account and verified it just as it was supposed to be done at the Sign up link when the environment loads up. Then I tried to login with the account, which gave me a welcome screen asking me to accept the terms and conditions. I check the accept checkbox and click on Submit: then nothing happens. It seems to be trying to load since I get a vertical scrollbar during the loading, but then it comes back to the same window.

At first I thought it was an issue with Intel XDK being installed on an encrypted drive (BitLocker), but then I moved it to an non-encrypted one and it didn't fix the issue. I also tried deleting my user data and it still didn't work. Eventually navigating through the log files (not that I can make something out of them), I've found the appcenter URL (https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/). Just for the sake of it, I tried loading it up on a browser and checking out if I can get any further. The answer is no: with the browser I'm stuck in a welcome screen too.

Here's a screenshot of the screen I'm stuck to: https://i.imgur.com/6R2vpMp.jpg

I also managed to take a screenshot while the screen is loading, which gives me the vertical scrollbar just before it goes back to the welcome screen: https://i.imgur.com/Y49MlDj.jpg

Here's the same screen on Chrome: https://i.imgur.com/hjvjzgk.jpg

It seems to me the issue is with the page itself and not the environment, no? Can I bypass it somehow so I can start playing with XDK?

Oh, and I'm on a Windows 10 x64 machine and tried both Intel XDK releases 2611 and 2548.

Thanks and best regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
20 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ricardo, we just released a new version, today (2673). Could you download and install it and report if you are still having trouble with your login. Also, are you able to log into https://signin.intel.com/ in a browser using the username and password you created for the XDK?

0 Kudos
Ricardo_G_2
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I can login into https://singin.intel.com/ in my browser just fine, no issues there. I just tried the new version and it still doesn't work for me - I'm stuck in this login loop on it. I've deleted my local data and started everything from the beginning, and nope, it still doesn't work. Here's a GIF of the issue: https://i.imgur.com/ENYU3DQ.gif.

I've even created a second account to see if the issue is my account or my machine: it's the account. Using other credentials I can use XDK just fine, but using my account I can't. I somehow locked something.

Any other ideas?

Best,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Are you behind a proxy or firewall that could be blocking the XDK from connecting to our servers?

Is this a home or work network?

0 Kudos
Ricardo_G_2
Beginner

John, no, I'm not. This is a work network but it doesn't have any restrictions (I'm the one who configured it and it's a very simple one, just a NAT).

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Hmmmm, do you have another network you could try on?
Has it ever worked for you on this network?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ricardo, I notice that you're using email name filtering (the +intel in your email address) for your forum account. Are you using this same email address (with a +intel) for the XDK login account? This is just a wild guess, but I'm wondering if that might have something to do with this issue.

0 Kudos
Ricardo_G_2
Beginner

John, I can login just fine with another account on this network, and I also tried at home and can't properly login with my main account. At least from what I remember from my tests.

Paul, yes, I'm using email filtering and I'm using the same account here for the forum. For a simple test, I just removed the filter from the address and I still can't login in XDK. So either that caused some bug that is already persistent or it's not the email address.

Best,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

We have no records of an account   that uses the email address that you are using here in the forums.

Have you ever been able to log into this account with the XDK? If so, can you provide some of the app names that this account has built so I can attempt to locate them?
0 Kudos
Ricardo_G_2
Beginner

John, that's weird. Well, I did change the email address to remove the filter. Did you check both with and without "+intel" at the end of it?

No, I never managed to login into this account with XDK, only here at the forums. With XDK I always get stuck into the terms and conditions screen, and therefore I have no apps on this account, since I couldn't get that further. But if the account didn't exist, I wouldn't even be able to pass the login screen at all, right? As you can see on the GIF I've sent before, the login process works just fine until I have to accept the terms - only then it gets stuck. Also the account must exist, since I can't create one with the same username (I tried that just in case).

Best,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Yes, I tried with and without the +intel. Still nothing.

Without getting into all the internals of how things work, its very possible to have an IDZ account that will not work with the XDK. I recommend creating a new account that is not related to the first one you tried to create.

0 Kudos
Ricardo_G_2
Beginner

That's weird. I forgot to mention that during the registration process some pages crashed somehow and some stuff were behaving weirdly, but I can't recall in details what happened. All I remember is that the second account (the temporary one) registration went way easier and faster. Maybe that might have done something wrong somewhere. I also remember the "remember me" checkbox not working at all, so my guess is that due to a network problem the page didn't load properly and caused the issue for some reason.

Oh well. It doesn't hurt to ask, but is it possible to make this account work with XDK in some way or would I have to recreate it to make that happen? Because if recreating the account is necessary then I would just create a second one already, it's probably easier in this case.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Yeah something wonky probably happened. Anything I did now would be a hack, so I suggest you just create another account and move forward from there.

0 Kudos
Ricardo_G_2
Beginner

Hacks are always welcome :-) Just kidding, I'll create a new "main" account for XDK as you suggested and let this one idle.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Benjamin_F_1
Beginner

Hello, facing the same problem using + in the email in both the latest XDK on Windows and Ubuntu. It even goes as far as showing me the  accept TOS screen even when selecting Sign Up to create a new account.

0 Kudos
Paweł_W_
Beginner

The same problem here:
can't get throu TOS

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We don't have a solution yet for using a + in your email address. The only workaround is to create an account that does not include a + in the email address.

0 Kudos
Paweł_W_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

We don't have a solution yet for using a + in your email address. The only workaround is to create an account that does not include a + in the email address.

I changed my email(for one without +), created new account(email without +) byt intel XDK still keep me asociated with first account and still can`t get throu TOS...

Any help here?

P.S. I installed new version form 2015-12-14 befor changing

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Try using a completely different email address, not the one that included the + (in other words, if your original email address was me+intel@gmail.com, don't register with me@gmail.com, register with another email address, like you@gmail.com).

Shouldn't matter that you did this with the previous version of the XDK, it's an unresolved bug and it's still there in the current version. It's a problem of a mismatch between what the authentication server is doing and what the Intel XDK is doing with the email address assigned to your account. The issue has been posted and we are trying to figure out how to resolve it... (the resolution isn't as easy as the problem statement).

0 Kudos
Antoine_B_
Beginner

I had the same problem, changed my email adress on the Intel Dev Zone website to remove the "+", THEN i re-installed the XDK (completly wiped the old intall, checked the box "remove user files").

Works like a charm.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thanks for providing that workaround, Antoine.

0 Kudos