Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Cannot Install

george_m_2
Beginner

Win 7 64 bit, i cannot install the XDK on my computer, when it starts the screen ( installing) after 3 - 5 seconds rejects it without any errors, i have the latest version downloaded (1826) 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Do your have any sort of software installed that prevents exe files from running in a temp directory? I have see this in the past, and once disabled, the XDK installs as it should. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please refer to the below link which is similar to your issue.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/cannot-install-the-latest-intel-xdk-solved_t121213

Let me know if it works!

0 Kudos
george_m_2
Beginner

sadly its not working, i temporary disactivated my antivirus and redownloaded didnt work and also when i try to extract  it gives me this error 

!  C:\Users\giorgos\Downloads\xdk_web_win_master_1826.exe: Corrupt header is found!   C:\Users\giorgos\Downloads\xdk_web_win_master_1826.exe: Main archive header is corrupt!   C:\Users\giorgos\Downloads\xdk_web_win_master_1826.exe: Corrupt header is found!   C:\Users\giorgos\Downloads\xdk_web_win_master_1826.exe: Main archive header is corrupt!   C:\Users\giorgos\Downloads\xdk_web_win_master_1826.exe: Corrupt header is found!   C:\Users\giorgos\Downloads\xdk_web_win_master_1826.exe: Main archive header is corrupt!   C:\Users\giorgos\Downloads\xdk_web_win_master_1826.exe: Corrupt header is found!   C:\Users\giorgos\Downloads\xdk_web_win_master_1826.exe: No files to extract

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Do your have any sort of software installed that prevents exe files from running in a temp directory? I have see this in the past, and once disabled, the XDK installs as it should. 

0 Kudos
george_m_2
Beginner

I couldnt find any programm that will mess with temp except my antivirus, but i did disable it and redownload so i dont think that is the issue

0 Kudos
george_m_2
Beginner

Ok i found what was the problem, thx john your answer got me thinking and gave me the idea that tune up utilities was causing the issue, it has the option to disable temporary programs, 1 of them disabled was giving me the issue. thx amrita as well 

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Excellent! Can you provide a link to the home page of the " tune up utilities " you have installed? I googled for it, but it returned lots of ambiguous results... Maybe we can see about getting the XDK whitelisted in the future :)

0 Kudos
george_m_2
Beginner

Well thats a little bit tricky ,i got the tuneup utilities back in 2012, but around 2014(i think) tune up became part of the AVG antivirus, since i dont like AVG i have the tune up utilities 2012 with disabled updates so it wont prompt to get AVG ( i am using avast ) so there isnt a site anymore for the program , but i guess its time to buy a new program and replace it :D

bottom line Tune up is now part of AVG or w/e

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Well now that's interesting. Thanks for the detailed info. I will definitely file that info away somewhere in the back of my head :) 

I find it hard to believe that AVG (current version) would block the XDK install, or we would have heard an uprising from many users by now. This issue only come up twice every never! It really is only the 5th or 6th time it has come up. I dont think previously the user was able to pinpoint the issue as well as you did.

THANKS!

0 Kudos