Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cannot install Composer XE 2015 trial on Mac OS X 10.7

warpino
Beginner

Hi all,

I have registered for a trial version of Parallel Composer XE 2015 and promptly received the email with the download link. Whenever I launch the installer on my macbook air with Lion (OSX 10.7) after accepting the License Agreement I choose "I want to evaluate this product" from the activation options; then as soon as I enter the admin password for my laptop I get "Activating evaluation license failed".

How can I solve this?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi warpino,

I sent your evaluation license file to your email box.  Please choose Activate with license file during your installation.  Please let me know if it works.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
warpino
Beginner

Hello,

I got your email and tried to install the software today, only to find out that the 30-days countdown starts on the day of download. In fact I could not install the software at all as the license was already expired. Is it possible to have a license file starting today so that I can evaluate the software properly?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi warpino,

I extended your eval license for another 30 day, and the new license was sent out a few seconds ago.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
warpino
Beginner

This is really weird, I downloaded the software again, file: m_fcompxe_redist_2015.1.108.dmg, downloaded the new license file, choose "Alternative Installation", browse to the license file and still get:

Installation cannot proceed. You do not have enough licenses to install all the components of this package

this is driving me crazy, how can it be solved?

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi warpino,

It looks that you downloaded wrong package.  Should be this one: m_fcompxe_2015.1.108.dmg. Please make sure use the license file I sent on Dec 22. I'm pretty sure that the new eval license will expire next month. If the problem still persists, could you please try to install on another Mac machine and see if you can install?

Thanks

0 Kudos
warpino
Beginner

No way, for me the only option for using the latest versions of Intel Composer was updating OS X to Yosemite.

Regards

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Oh, you are right.  IPS XE 2015 requires OS X 10.9 or later.  Otherwise, the installer reported an activation error with a good license.  That's a weird error, which I saw on an old Mac Pro in our lab.  Upgrading OS X should solve the problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Thibaut_L_
Beginner

I have the exact same problem, with the same product, is there a solution to this or should we all ask for an evaluation license file ?

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Given IPS XE 2015 requires OS X 10.9 or later it may not support earlier versions of OS X. You can download an older version of IPSXE  from Intel Registration Center that supports OS X 10.7. Please refer to the release notes of each version. Also see how to download older versions.

Regards,

Noga - Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This thread is now closed. If you have similar questions please start a new thread.

0 Kudos