Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Cannot install "Parallel Studio XE 2015" Error: "The License file provided is invalid"

Michael_Albert
Beginner

If I tried to install Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2015 (parallel_studio_xe_2015_setup.exe) I got the error "The License file provided is invalid".

License Server is running at the latest version (w_isl_server_p_2.3.0.002_intel64.exe) on Windows Server 2012R2.

The license Server also starts successfully

10:38:52 (INTEL) Server started on host.xx.yy..y for:    
10:38:52 (INTEL) I6282CF8A (consisting of:        ArBBW        
10:38:52 (INTEL) CCompW        MKernW        PerfAnl        
10:38:52 (INTEL) PerfPrimW    StaticAnlW    ThreadAnlGui    
10:38:52 (INTEL) ThreadBB) 

But the installation routine of Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2015 aborts with error "The License file provided is invalid".

With Microsoft Procmon I see lot of chklic.exe calls which ends succussfully(Return code 30)

30, 0x1E,  Bitmask 00011110 means:

The return code is a combinaion (bitwise inclusive OR) of the following values:

0x01  Had Error.

0x02  Saw valid licenses.

0x04  Saw counted licenses.

0x08  Valid licenses authenticated.

0x10  Counted licenses authenticated.

0x20  Counted licenses can not be checked out because license server is down.

0x40  Feature has expried.

and some calls with Return Code 0.  I think this is a check which licenses the License server provides.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Michael,

You need to upgrade your license first to intall version 2015.
Please login to the Intel® Registration Center https://registrationcenter.intel.com, click the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for C++ Windows* link and navigate to the download area. You should see an 'Upgrade >>' link there. Please click this link and follow all instructions. This will create a new license with new serial number. Once you received the new license file(s) you need to re-read it (or a combined license file) then with the license manager.

If you need more help, let me know.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Michael_Albert
Beginner

Hi Hubert,

thanks, this solves my problem :-)

Although the license file already shows a version of Studio 2015 (but not working) nevertheless the serial number must upgraded before.

Regards Michael

0 Kudos