Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cannot use my Visual FORTRAN license after XP Reinstallation

C_christopher_Kleppe
The motherboard on my HP laptop was changed and XP reistalled. Now I cant re-install Fortran (I can download, run the installer, but it will not accept the license number on this re-configured system). Any advice?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
grundoieee
Beginner
Check the date you purchased the software. I had the same problem. I purchased Visual Fortran 11.1 in Sept 2009. Then gota replacement PC this month and tried to reinstall. The error I got was "license code has expired". I didn't realize this was licensed year to year, or I never would have reimaged my old PC. Now I have no Fortran compiler.
0 Kudos
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi,
You can still download, install and use the Fortran compiler that you purchased in September 2009 and any updated version that was released until your support subscription expired in September 2010.

You can do this by logging onto https://registrationcenter.intel.com using your login ID and password. On successful login, you should see the list of products that you have/had subscribed for. Select the product of interest and you can then download the latest version corresponding to your support subscription period.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Krishna
0 Kudos