17061 Discussions

Cell Computer Project

mihail_m
Beginner
Hello everyone,

I would like to show my project:

Cell Computer Project

http://genetechnics.webs.com/

I have been working on it for a year and a half - there is a thread on the Cellular & Handheld Application Development forum that is read-only since this month and I would like to discuss the ideas of the project on this forum.

Best regards,

Michael Molin

GeneTechnics Company
0 Kudos
280 Replies
mihail_m
Beginner
And, of course, the third dimension is time - our reality (in opposition to written 2D plans)- measured in energy - time is light.

Michael

-
Serge Devant ft. Emma Hewitt - Take Me With You
0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner
2D+time+life (AI - the Matrix) - the model of our world.

Michael

-
Ian van Dahl Castles in the sky
0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner
What I can say - bye, iPhone, it was Newton II - strangely popular and that has gone. Add a cover with a keyboard-touchpad and shine - сell computer. Welcome, my project - prepare for personal advertising screens. Michael
0 Kudos
shin
Beginner
Hi all nice idea its perfect :D
0 Kudos
jenny_l_
Beginner
Thank you for sharing the great information,you're really a excellent man,it's a huge work to docell computer project ,and i get it,it's very useful for me.
0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner
Hi everyone, Some interesting info: Apple Prepare iPhone 6 With two-sided screen? http://www.apple-basic.com/2013/03/apple-prepare-iphone-6-with-two-sided-screen.html Do you want a smartphone with a two-sided, transparent display? http://www.phonedog.com/2012/06/01/do-you-want-a-smartphone-with-a-two-sided-transparent-display/ A transparent display just fits for the main one of a cell computer. Plus, it's a really personal advertising screen - others watch the ads targeted for you. Michael
0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner
Also this one: Flip phone concept http://vimeo.com/18079655 http://vimeo.com/20247732 Michael
0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner

Really, just to say hi to Tim Cook.

What for, phones and players aside. Any progress? I mean computing - working with a computer when you need it and not carrying on your notebook with you.

Michael

0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I have added some technical notes to the specification of the project.

First of all, I think that as a basis for the whole design the main display of a cell computer supposed to be double-sided, it turns out some kind of transformer solution - phone/computer (which adds the separate keyboard/control center part and pointing device/arrow and functional keys).

Also, I have defined some constructional aspects - The Cell PC has a rugged case (57x121 mm) covered by aluminosilicate glass. The hinge mechanism of the device is using a polymeric optical waveguide for the connection between its displays.

So, I'm supposing that the main display would be as thin as 2-3 mm and the basic part including the second display, processor and battery about 6-7 mm.

Michael

0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner

Interesting discussion on ZDNet

Is the post-PC industry headed for premature stagnation? by Adrian Kingsley-Hughes

I'm for a renovated Wintel platform for mobile devices with a PC *hardware* paradigm as of a notebook - display-keyboard/touchpad.

Michael

0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share a couple of links from today's news -

Intel's Future Lies In Infineon Wireless' Hands by Ashraf Eassa

Intel's Aicha Evans Talks Wireless and Answers Your Questions by Anand Lal Shimpi

Michael

0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner

Intel 4th Gen Core vPro Ultrabook Built for Business

It would be really great if the cell computer had the same range of swivels.

Michael 

0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner
0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner

Curved Smartphones: Samsung to Release Curved Phone "Galaxy Round" on October 10

I like this trend. It's just 0.12 mm thick (link in Russian, ETNews in Korean) and I guess that this type of OLED displays can be made double-sided and combined with 0.5 mm aluminosilicate glass (Xensation by Schott company) would result in a great transparent cover-main display for a cell computer (with the addition of touch-sensitive layers for both surfaces of the display).

Michael

0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner

And as an implementation of the above idea of a double-sided display:

Samsung SM-W2014 with dual 3.67-inch displays, Snapdragon 800 processor surfaces

Samsung SM-W2014 flip phone tipped to launch in China

So, we have a framework for the development of a cell computer.

Michael

0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner

Hi everyone,

This time about gaming devices that use smartphones as their displays (some kind of new versions of Sony Xperia Play - PSP Phone).

iPhone Game Controller by Logitech

Wireless controller for smartphones Defender Mobile Master

In the case of a cell computer these add-ons are built-in as F1-F8 keys and a central ring. And, the second display as a control center is a plus for UI's capabilities.

Also, interesting that the discussion in this thread was started in 2006 with my answer to Intel's Lester Memmott where I used Nintendo DS as an example of an implemented dual-display solution for a mobile device. And, actually, again, the conversation is about the implementation of a PC paradigm for a mobile device, no matter you are using it for entertainment (which is also a key priority 'cos media industry is the main source for gaining profits now on a consumers' level) or for corporate business.

The current technologies of slim energy-efficient displays and powerful compact batteries are full ready for the implementation of a cell computer platform. My goal in this project is the next generation of computers. As well as Apple's (aka Apple Computer) or Samsung's ones. The next level of user experience.

And I guess that Microsoft as a new owner of Nokia and key player in game industry could join this trend and offer some solution in combining gamepads with smartphones. The consumers demand is available. PCs history approves that.

Michael

0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner

Hi everyone,

Just some thoughts on the current state of affairs in the mobile market. The part I of the year's announcements is already completed. I mean Samsung's products presented at MWC 2014. There's a tendency now to strive for the future solution that is an optimal balance between a smartphone and tablet and possibly here's one important detail in the UI of this upcoming device - stylus, like for Note's line of tablets. That's for sure a useful thing. What we get by using it is the accuracy of UI's response when you are interactng with its graphical objects. And you know that when it comes to PCs we are using a cursor instead of the stylus. Controlled by mouse or touchpad (*).

That's a simple idea of a cell computer - a mobile device using a cursor for the interaction with a display. On your palm.

Michael

@CreativeText

-
* Touchpad is a circle. For example, OK is F5's spot area, F2 - context menu (Copy, Paste etc), F1 - Tab, F3 - Cancel, F4 - left, F7 - right, F6 - up, F8 - down

0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I just want to share the info about the phone which design I really like:

Sharp 304SH comes with 5.2" 1080p screen, ultra slim bezels - GSM Arena

in Japanese

Michael

@CreativeText

0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner

Material Design by Matias Duarte and Alex Faaborg:

How Google designed Android L - The Verge

Now I'm an artist.) - I need a document window there and without constraints - that's a computer. Not putting anything on the documents and controling this window with a cursor and a touchscreen keyboard. Material things. Everything is on the right places.

Michael

@CreativeText

0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner

iPhone 6 and 6 Plus hands-on by The Verge

I really wonder if that ID sensor has multitouch capabilities could it control a cursor in a document window like a touchpad? That's the goal of Cell Computer Project - a mobile device that works like a computer - and its motto is "an ultrabook on your palm". Any iPhone 6 users there?

Michael

0 Kudos
Michael_Molin
Beginner
0 Kudos