Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Changing App Icon

Andy_T_
Beginner

I have a problem changing app icon after exporting from construct 2. It said "intel xdk was unable to load the file". I already placed all icons in the same directory in the project folder and all icons are in correct size. I don't know what else to do. Please help. Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

In the Project Settings, there is a Splash Screen/Launch Icons section. Did you specify your images there in the XDK?

0 Kudos
Andy_T_
Beginner

Thanks John for your suggestion. I found the solution to my problems. I made the project folder with # sign in front of the folder name. Apparently intel didn't recognize the folder if there is # sign in front of the folder. After I removed # sign I can insert my icon with ease.

0 Kudos
Startech_S_
Beginner

IT TOOK ME A WHOLE DAY TO FIND THIS BUG! PLEASE ALLOW YOUR SOFTWARE TO RECOGNIZE SPECIAL SYMBOLS IN THE PROJECT FOLDER NAME. GOSH, WHAT A TERRIBLE WAY TO SPEND A WHOLE DAY OF LOST TIME!!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

It's a Cordova problem. We have been adding checks for these things as they are uncovered, but the Cordova project keeps changing things without notice, so we invariably end up with issues like this.

0 Kudos