Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Compile error Splash screen

RafaOr
Beginner

Hello When compiling for IOS have found that images of splash screen no compiles fine, and displays the splash screen cordova, anyone know why? It is due to an error with pictures or a bug in Intel XDK Greetings

0 Kudos
29 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I installed your ipa and see the cordova splash screen you are referrring to. 

I can look at this more tomorrow (sorry, busy day...), but did you specify the icons in the Project settings, or are you including them via the additions file? 

Can you create a hello world app, use the same icons, via the xdk gui to include them, build and see if you have the same issue?

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Ok I specified all the icons and screens in Project Settings.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Debugging this issue further. I will let you know when I have more info. Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

OK, I build a new app with other images and the same issue, then I renamed my images to short name and nothing the same, may be you can see more info here.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

iPhone 6+? 

iPhone 6 looks like it is behaving fine, but the 6+ is acting odd, still looking into it. 

0 Kudos
RafaOr
Beginner

So the fact that Intel XDK .ipa me back and see the splash screen open and empty icons, is not important? That is to upload it to the store is arranged? Sorry to repeat the question but I see many around the issue, it is correct that the icons and splash look like the picture I attached? Because I do not want to see an icon or splash of cordova when publishing my app lol.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

On a windows machine, that is how the files will look if you open the ipa. On a mac, it displays them correctly. Google it, it is a know issue/topic for complied ios apps. There is a tool to convert them, fixpngWindows is what I think it is called.

There is an issue, which we are looking into. 

0 Kudos
RafaOr
Beginner

Good morning this is my view of de content of my app from iOS Mac. Chek please the icon an splash screen are cordova image, when generate on windows i get empty images and I see as the before image uploaded.

Thanks

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

We do not require (or prompt you for) all the assets that Apple allow in your app. If you would like to add additional one (like the ones you are seeing the defaults for), see this page, https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1686/_index.html

You will need to add them via the additions file for your app.

0 Kudos