Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Compile in Xcode

Ariel_O_
Beginner

Hi, I'm developing a project and I'll want to compile it in my own mac. How I can compile the project of the Intel XDK in Xcode??

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Brandon_K_Intel
Employee

It is not possible to compile the XDK project in Xcode. We have a cloud builder that handles that process. Can I ask why you want to build the application on your own Mac?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The project directory layout of our next version of the XDK will be more compatible with Cordova CLI, so if you wait for that release (or try the Early Access release) you can switch between CLI and the XDK. See this doc page for some details: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/early-access-project-plugin-selection especially the very end of the doc page.

0 Kudos
Ariel_O_
Beginner

I just received the new updates of Intel XDK, Is possible now to compile the project in xcode? If the answer is yes, where I can find the information to do it? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ariel -- the Intel XDK build system continues to be cloud-based, so the Xcode (and Android Studio and Visual Studio) project files are still in the cloud. However, if you want to use Cordova CLI locally on your system, you are certainly welcome to do so. You can create a project with CLI, populate it with your source files, and import that into the XDK. So you could, for example, use the XDK for the Debug tab but build locally using CLI. Of course, to build for iOS you still need a Mac and a local copy of XCode, if you are using Cordova CLI. Not sure if that answers your question.

0 Kudos
Nghiem_N_
Beginner

Brandon Kiefer (Intel) wrote:

It is not possible to compile the XDK project in Xcode. We have a cloud builder that handles that process. Can I ask why you want to build the application on your own Mac?

I build my app successfully with Intel XDK and get the .ipa file run well on my iphone & ipad, and now i want to test it on all simulators in Xcode. Brandon, Could you please tell me the way for this? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If you want to test with the Xcode simulators you'll have to convert it to a Cordova CLI project and use CLI to build for the simulators. But the simulators won't work with any Cordova APIs.

0 Kudos