Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakub_M_1
Beginner
60 Views

Composer 2015 floating license issue.

At our organization we have a valid floating license file for the Fortran with valid expiration date - the file says 2017.0206 . It seems that the Composer 2016 works fine with this file, but when we try to launch the Composer 2015 (needed for some projects), it returns an error:

Error: A license for FCompW could not be obtained
Your license is not current enough to allow you to use this
newer version of our software.  Usually this occurs because
your support services license expired before we created this
version.  You will need to purchase a new license.

In fact, the Composer 2015 activates properly with the current file, but returns this error when we try to execute command "ifort". The license server is up and configured properly. Composer 2016 clients can use it's licenses. Also the license is configured properly on the 2015 client - it sees the server and the licenses, but refuse to get one.

I've double checked the service validation date both in the file and in the Intel licensing system - subscription history (https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/subscription/373/). It also says that the service is still active for this license.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Light_Intel
Moderator
60 Views

Thank you for contacting support. I have checked your license and with active support you also have Intel Premier Support account. Please submit your ticket there to get private and dedicated help.

Regards,

Noga
Intel Developer Support

Light_Intel
Moderator
60 Views

You may want to check the debug log to determine which license is actually being used by the 2015 version.
See: https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/article/148795/flex-ug_1.pdf
5.2 Creating Debug Logs for License Checkout Issues

Regards,

Noga
 

Jakub_M_1
Beginner
60 Views

I've checked the license file again and it was the old one indeed. Thank you for your response and will to help. I've replaced the file with the new one and it's working fine now. Thanks again.

Reply