Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Converting iOS apps to Android/BB/etc

Christos_Amarandos
I was wondering if it is possible to convert iOS apps into apps for other mobile operating systems as I have developed numerous iOS and Android apps an know that Android apps can be converted to other OS but what about apple apps are they backwords compatible.

However, apple apps are coded with C+ and android apps are mainly with Java.
0 Kudos
25 Replies
Sahan_K_
Beginner

hey 

i have also used phongap n its very forward suggest to u too

0 Kudos
robert_r_
Beginner

The similar scenarios often occurred in the mobile app development environments. Phonegap or Appcelerator, both the feasible tools for converting an IOS App to an Android app or vice versa with an ease. Remember that first you have to write code in the javascript, HTML, CSS and then it will successfully create an iOS and Android app without any single changes in the app user experience.

0 Kudos
Clark__Steven
Beginner

Well the answer is yes it is possible. It is a bit technical process hence you might have to take help from some professional android app developers to guide you with all the technicalities that you might cross in this process

0 Kudos
Vargas__Sarah
Beginner

I think it's possible, but you have to face some coding issues to convert your iOS apps to Android. You need to get some help to app developers and solve this issue.

0 Kudos
Tanc
Beginner

iOS app code is not possible to convert into an android application code as the android codes are based on java and iOS code are based on objective C. It is possible only if you use kotiln language. In the kotlin, you can easily convert your code to swift and vice versa. iOS provides that converter.

0 Kudos