Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Creating an installer for a RealSense app that uses speech recognition?

Robert_Oschler
Beginner

I already have a full fledged working installer for a RealSense app that does not use any of the "special" license items like the Nuance speech recognize.  Now I need to make an installer for a RealSense app with speech recognition.

I'm a little unclear on what an end user needs to do to run a RealSense app that is speech recognition enabled.  The documentation states that speech reco is one of the modules that requires special care for licensing.  Does the end user have to go out and buy a copy of Dragon speech recognition (Nuance) before using a RealSense speech reco enabled app?  What do they have to do exactly?  Is their a retail Intel distributed offering they can buy/download to get what they need?  Or do I have to make another distribution agreement with Nuance to include the necessary components with the installer, and possibly pay them an additional fee?

I know that users with the SDK installed get a working copy of the Nuance engine.  But there will be plenty of people with integrated cameras on their laptops that won't have the SDK.  I am wondering what the most cost effective path is for those people to get the Nuance engine so they can use a speech reco enabled RealSense app.

0 Kudos
0 Replies