Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Crosswalk "app not installed"

Diego_L_
Beginner

I've imported an html5 directory that works fine on chrome
I emulated it, and used the debug tab and the app works, even on my phone
The problem is, when i build the app using crosswalk and i send the apk to my phone i cant install it, i open the apk and shows me:

"app installing"...."app not installed"

And i cant build the app with the android build mode because the android button of build doesnt work (does nothing when i click it)

I searched about this issues in google and i didnt found anything, could somebody help me please?

PD: Sorry if my english is weird...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Are you insuring that you are installing x86 APKs on x86 devices and ARM APKs on ARM devices?

Have you ever been able to install an apk from the XDK on this device? Can you build one of the demo apps and try to install it?

If that fails, can you create a new account in the XDK, build a demo app and try to install that? If this works, then it will help narrow down the problem.

0 Kudos
Diego_L_
Beginner

Yes im using the ARM apk on my Nexus 5, by the way, i have already created several apps with the intel XDK and its the first time i have so many problems. The weirdest thing is that DEBUG mode using my phone works perfect... Thank you for your answer :)

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Diego,

Is there a plugin that you are depending on? The core plugins are included automatically in the emulator and debug, but for the build you have to explicitly select each one that you need in the Project tab. (See https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/561120)

Pamela

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If you had a previous version of the app installed on your phone, try uninstalling that first, before installing the new version. Sometimes Android gets confused and needs to have the older version completely removed before you can install an update.

The other thing to check is to be sure you have enabled installing "non-market" or "non-store" apps in the Android settings. If you have not done this you cannot install an app outside of using the Android store.

0 Kudos
Diego_L_
Beginner

Thank your for your answers, these are the news:

Pamela: "Is there a plugin that you are depending on?" -> No, but just in case i loaded all standard cordova plugins and nothing changed.

Paul Fischer:
I have no previous version of this app, is a new one.
I have enabled non-market apps in settings, i made several apps with intel XDK and its the first time i got this problem, its so frustrating beacause i already have the html5 app made, and would be a pain make it again :(

But, a general problem i always have, is that i cant never build the apps using the android build, i just can build in crosswalk mode.

BTW i just woke up(Im from Spain) and i tried to build the crosswalk again but with "all standard + featured and custom cordova plugins" and i get this message:

An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.

I dont know what i have to verify on my assets...Btw i dont see any error on my logs

Thank you so much for all your help!

0 Kudos
Diego_L_
Beginner

UPDATE!

I just uninstalled an re-installed intel XDK, and now it works everything fine!

0 Kudos