17061 Discussions

DF_3DScan returns -3

afanqi
Beginner

Hello everybody,

Somehow, I got the following error when I try to run the sample app:

Starting df_3dscan

Error: Init failed (-3)

Can somebody please tell me what it meant and what I should do? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

can you clarify a few things?  Are you running the 32 or 64 bit?  (Have you tried the other version?) 
Have you tried other samples and had them work? 

0 Kudos
afanqi
Beginner

Thank you for replying. I tried both, neither worked. I am able to run capture_viewer, but will get error for other samples. Here I attached my screenshot. 

Thank you again for your help!

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

can you try like hands_viewer or face_viewer and send a screenshot if it has an issue?

0 Kudos
afanqi
Beginner

Thank you again, Colleen.

I just tried both 32bit and 64bit FF_HandsViewer and got the same error message. It looks pSenseManager failed to init. Here I attached my screenshot. Do you need more info about my 3D camera or computer environment? 

By the way, did you have chance to see the screenshot of capture_viewer which I uploaded on Feb/27. It looks to me capture_viewer is working properly. Am I right? 

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

ok so you're getting some type of init failure on hands viewer and 3D but ok on capture viewer. Can you check the name of your user folder (login) and make sure it has only English alphabet characters? Then yes, check your camera in device manager and make sure you see them all.

0 Kudos
afanqi
Beginner

Thank you again. User folder only has English alphabet. Here I attached a screenshot of Device Manager. Can you tell what's missing?

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

I believe you do not have the DCM installed. It is now in a separate package than the RSSDK and must be installed any time you upgrade the SDK. It's further down the "download links" page that you can get to from registering at at you will get when downloading the RS SDK from Intel after registering at http://makebettercode.com/realsensesdk/en

0 Kudos
afanqi
Beginner

Thank you again, Colleen. It looks DCM is indeed the problem. I just downloaded it and installed. Now I am able to run DF_3dscan and FF_HandsView. Thank you again for your help. I appreciate.

0 Kudos
Airton_Junior
Beginner

Collen, thank you!

0 Kudos