Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bojan_T_
Beginner
89 Views

Dogs vs. Cats Kaggle Image Classification Problem

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share my solution writeup for the recently finished Dogs vs. Cats Kaggle competition. In the blog post I share some general ideas about my solution, and an approach to these sorts of problems in general. If you are interested in some more specific technical details, please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to share them here.

Dogs vs. Cats Redux Playground Competition, Winner's Interview: Bojan Tunguz

Cheers,

Bojan

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gaston-hillar
Black Belt
89 Views

Bojan,

Which is the relationship of the post you are sharing with Intel software and/or hardware?

This forum is about the usage of Intel software and/or hardware and I see no mention of any Intel products in the blog post.

Bojan_T_
Beginner
89 Views

gaston-hillar wrote:

This forum is about the usage of Intel software and/or hardware and I see no mention of any Intel products in the blog post.

That's false. Here it is:

"

What does your hardware setup look like?

I’ve built my own Ubuntu desktop box specifically for machine learning projects - i7 Intel processor, ASUS motherboard, 32 GB of RAM and dual NVIDIA GTX 970/960 cards. "

gaston-hillar
Black Belt
89 Views

Bojan T. wrote:

Quote:

gaston-hillar wrote:

 

This forum is about the usage of Intel software and/or hardware and I see no mention of any Intel products in the blog post.

 

 

That's false. Here it is:

"

What does your hardware setup look like?

I’ve built my own Ubuntu desktop box specifically for machine learning projects - i7 Intel processor, ASUS motherboard, 32 GB of RAM and dual NVIDIA GTX 970/960 cards. "

Bojan,

NVIDIA is not Intel. You are posting in the wrong forum. You can continue posting about your solution running on NVIDIA GPUs. However, I'm not sure you will get any attention in these forums.

gaston-hillar
Black Belt
89 Views

Bojan,

The following is the description of the forum in which you've posted the thread: "Post or browse questions, issues and discussions for Intel® architecture-based Apache* Hadoop* and Apache Spark* platforms, including projects and applications. For more resources, and articles visit our Big Data Zone at https://software.intel.com/bigdata."

If you post your thread in the appropriate forum, your post will have the attention it deserves. Just trying to help. :)

Bojan_T_
Beginner
89 Views

gaston-hillar wrote:

Quote:

Bojan T. wrote:

 

Quote:

gaston-hillar wrote:

 

This forum is about the usage of Intel software and/or hardware and I see no mention of any Intel products in the blog post.

 

 

That's false. Here it is:

"

What does your hardware setup look like?

I’ve built my own Ubuntu desktop box specifically for machine learning projects - i7 Intel processor, ASUS motherboard, 32 GB of RAM and dual NVIDIA GTX 970/960 cards. "

 

 

Bojan,

NVIDIA is not Intel. You are posting in the wrong forum. You can continue posting about your solution running on NVIDIA GPUs. However, I'm not sure you will get any attention in these forums.

NVIDIA GPU was just part of my hardware, as was the ASUS motherboard, the RAM chips, and *i7 Intel processor*, which played very crucial part in all parts of the training process, and especially in stacking. I understand that English may not be your native language, but I don't know how much clearer and more explicit I can be about this point. 

Look, I am not here to fight. It's this sort of useless bickering that made me quit almost all online forums years ago. I posted this blog link here because I was invited by an Intel representative. My guess is that they are trying to get into the deep learning space, and they are recruiting people with my background in order to bring these sorts of problems to the attention of their developer community. They were explicitly interested in work that uses Keras, which they seem very eager to support on their platform(s). If people are interested in this sort of stuff here good, and if not, I really couldn't care less. I have already enough on my plate with all of my work and deep learning projects I'm involved with. 

Addio,

Bojan

gaston-hillar
Black Belt
89 Views

Bojan,

I've been a member of Intel Developer Zone since 2009. This is the last comment I'll add to this thread and to any thread in which you are involved. I just wanted to help you because the thread was opened in a forum that was not appropriate. If you wanted to talk about your experience with deep learning and Intel technologies, a new thread with an external link and a very brief description was not the best thing to do. You should have created a blog post. If you take a look at the way forums work on Intel Developer Zone, you will notice what I say is 100% accurate. Don't worry, do whatever you want. I was just sharing my opinion with you . It is something we do without issues on Intel Developer Zone.

I hope you enjoy discussions on Intel Developer Zone in the near future.

 

Reply