Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Embedded Devices

jerry_t_
Beginner

Has anybody been using an embedded device with R200?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Yes, I've used a Lenovo Miix 700 and HP Spectre X2. The cameras are the same as the peripheral R200 in terms of coding and functionality (taking a guess at what your real question is...).

0 Kudos
jerry_t_
Beginner

Actually I meant something like the Raspberry PI. I would use that but it doesn't have support for USB 3.0, on 2.0.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

You could try with the minnowboard, the compute stick, or the odroid.

0 Kudos
jerry_t_
Beginner

Hey Samontab,

The minnowboard looks like what I need, thanks

0 Kudos
kfind1
New Contributor I

I am on the brink of trying my Minnowboard Turbot with my R200. Just a sidenote, if you go the easy route and use windows 10 on the minnowboard, don't even try with SD card for the operating system - use the SATA port and a small 2.5 inch SSD or HDD powered by 5V off J2. 

The DCM (depth camera manager) seemed to install itself without me asking - i'm assuming it's an intel signed-drivers thing. I will try to post here my results.

EDIT: Okay, so my Minnowboard Turbot with Windows 10 x64, can connect to an R200 and with DCM seemingly installing itself all I did was install the SDK R1 2016 (8.0.24.6528) and run the Sample Browser, so far I have successfully run the Camera Viewer and Projection samples, and the Camera Explorer tool. Great news! These are the only functions of the SDK I am interested in, but I could run some kind of blob or hand detection or segmentation samples too. 

0 Kudos
jerry_t_
Beginner

Hi Kyran,

That's good to know. Thanks for the information. I will update my progress as i proceed.

0 Kudos
DKryd
Beginner

it looks like microsoft has a couple different builds for the minnowboard max with 14295 being the latest. states it is for MAX. nothing mentions the Turbot board so i'm guessing the MAX builds work?

0 Kudos
jerry_t_
Beginner

I don't think the MAX has USB 3.0, but i could be wrong.

0 Kudos
kfind1
New Contributor I

the Minnowboard Turbot is just a hardware revision above the MAX, but they have the same firmware/drivers/support. The documentation skew is a bit strange across these boards.

The Minnowboard MAX and Turbot have USB 2.0 and USB3.0. I can get depth streams and colour streams from the R200 from my minnowboard using the SDK in windows 10 so it definitely works. I'm not sure if the integrated HD graphics supports Open CL1.2 or if the more advanced SDK examples will fail merely because the CPU is not the right architecture but I haven't tried the advanced samples in the SDK yet.

0 Kudos