Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Error code 65 when building IOS apps

Aron_J_
Beginner

Hello, this is my first time on the forum so sorry for an technicalities. Anyways, I was building an IOS app when I came across this error in the bottom of the logs:

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	CodeSign build/device/Trump\ Jump.app
(1 failure)
Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,.../TJump/platforms/ios/cordova/build-release.xcconfig,-project,Trump Jump.xcodeproj,ARCHS=armv7 armv7s arm64,-target,Trump Jump,-configuration,Release,-sdk,iphoneos,build,VALID_ARCHS=armv7 armv7s arm64,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=.../TJump/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=.../TJump/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch
Command finished with error code 2: .../TJump/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device
ERROR building one of the platforms: Error: .../TJump/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 2
You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project
Error: .../TJump/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 2
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Developer/cordova/5.1.1/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:134:23)
    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at maybeClose (child_process.js:753:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:820:5)

I've searched for hours on these forums and off, reinstalled intel xdk, etc. I also tried on 2 other computers running OsX and another running Windows 8 (My main computer is running Windows 10). Nothing has solved my issue including; re-doing certificates and provisioning files, deleted the cache and other folders withing appdata/local/xdk, and I've even started multiple times from scratch. Thanks in advance for any help I can get. 

- A.J.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Please attach the entire build error log as a text file to your post. I think the real information is above the lines you provided. It looks to me like you have a cert or provisioning file problem.

0 Kudos
Aron_J_
Beginner

Wasn't sure how to attach it so I just made a pastebin 

http://pastebin.com/88zXSjxZ

Thanks for the prompt reply.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Looks to me like need to check your provisioning file and/or certs in your apple account:

Might be best to regenerate them and start over.

0 Kudos
Aron_J_
Beginner

I already said that I did that... twice. Even for good measure I did it another time for you and the same result came out. Sorry if I sound angry, I just know that my provisioning profile and/or certs aren't the problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

If you are sure that provisioning profile/certs are not the issue, here is what I suggest you do next.

1. remove any plugins that you are using.

2. try building your app without the plugins.

3. if it builds, then you know there is an issue with one of the plugins. Add them back 1 at a time till you find the offending plugin.

0 Kudos
Lucas_Mauro_L_
Beginner

I'm with the following difficulty to build apps for ios.

I called the support for Apple developers and they claim not to know the XDK and suggest that we contact the intel

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	Check dependencies
(1 failure)
Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,.../RADIOSUPERHITS_IOS/platforms/ios/cordova/build-release.xcconfig,-project,RADIOSUPERHITS_IOS.xcodeproj,ARCHS=armv7 armv7s arm64,-target,RADIOSUPERHITS_IOS,-configuration,Release,-sdk,iphoneos,build,VALID_ARCHS=armv7 armv7s arm64,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=.../RADIOSUPERHITS_IOS/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=.../RADIOSUPERHITS_IOS/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch
Command finished with error code 2: .../RADIOSUPERHITS_IOS/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device
ERROR building one of the platforms: Error: .../RADIOSUPERHITS_IOS/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 2
You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project
Error: .../RADIOSUPERHITS_IOS/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 2
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Developer/cordova/5.1.1/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:134:23)
    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at maybeClose (child_process.js:753:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:820:5)
0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Lucas ~

In the future, please start a new thread and attach your entire build log. In this case, look for this at the bottom of the build log:

Check dependencies
Code Sign error: Provisioning profile does not match bundle identifier: The provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“Distribuir app”) has an AppID of “br.com.caxiashost.*” which does not match your bundle identifier “superhitsfm.caxiashost”.
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.0'

** BUILD FAILED **

These must match, or the build will fail.

0 Kudos
Lucas_Mauro_L_
Beginner

But there at the Apple developer center has the following inwhat should I put in cf bundle version on projects XDK?
iOS App IDsName:redesuperhitsPrefix:need?ID:br.com.caxiashost.*
CF BUNDLE VERSION: QQBHUT9K8C.br.com.caxiashost.* ???

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Hover over the input field of the CF Bundle Version. It will tell you exactly what you should input. You can leave it blank as well.

Your other question is all run together, please make use of spacing or include screenshots.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Why are you entering 

CFBundleVersion to  QQBHPK9K8C.br.com.caxiashost.*

This should be a number, something like 0.1.2

You still have the bundleID issue. What you enter for your bundleID in the XDK project settings must match what you enter for the AppID and provisioning profile on Apples developer portal. Currently your do not match. Create new ones, br.com.caxiashost.project for example. Try it without using wildcard *.

Check dependencies
Code Sign error: Provisioning profile does not match bundle identifier: The provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“br.com.caxiashost.*”) has an AppID of “br.com.caxiashost.*” which does not match your bundle identifier “superhitsfm.caxiashost”.
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.0'

** BUILD FAILED **
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Lucas -- the error log clearly points to a mismatch between your iOS certs and your provisioning file and your App ID:

Check dependencies
Code Sign error: Provisioning profile does not match bundle identifier: The provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“br.com.caxiashost.*”) has an AppID of “br.com.caxiashost.*” which does not match your bundle identifier “superhitsfm.caxiashost”.

** BUILD FAILED **

The App ID is specified in the Build Settings part of the Projects tab. It needs to be consistent with the mobile provisioning file. You can use wildcards in your provisioning file, but you cannot use them in your App ID.

So, for example, this would work:

• App ID == superhitsfm.caxiashost
  • provisioning file ID == superhitsfm.*

But this will not work:

• App ID == superhitsfm.caxiashost
  • provisioning file ID == br.com.caxiashost.*
0 Kudos
Aron_J_
Beginner

Okay I've tried the plugin method, and once again the same error occurred. 

Here's the build log

http://pastebin.com/7TF5Putz

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Aron -- our iOS build system is being updated tomorrow, please give the build another try in about 24 hours, it's possible those updates will have a positive impact. I can't say with certainty because the error still smells like a cert issue... There are some new system certs being applied as part of the upgrade tomorrow, perhaps they have something to do with your error.

Are you able to build one of the sample apps? The "Hello, Cordova" sample app is a good test case. It is well tested and frequently built on a variety of platforms, so it is known good test case for debugging these issues.

0 Kudos
Aron_J_
Beginner

Will try the new update tomorrow - thanks for the reply.

As for the hello, cordova app test, the same results came out. I checked the logs and they were identical except for the app name.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I was able to confirm that you are using a provisioning profile that was not created with the cert you have on your account.

Checkout these docs, they should help you figure out what you are doing wrong.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/articles/walkthrough-obtain-ios-appstore-adhoc-cert

https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/articles/walkthrough-obtain-dist-provisioning-profile

0 Kudos
Aron_J_
Beginner

Alright! That's what I'm talking about! The build worked... but no I have another problem.

After downloading the .ipa file onto my IOS device, how to I install it? I've tried using Diawi but it yielded an error saying "Your app could not be downloaded at this time." Thanks :)

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Congrats on the build :)

At the end of the build, you automatically get an email sent to the email address you used to create your account. In that email there is some red text that says something link 'click here to install your app'. Click that text and the app should be automatically installed on your device. If you do not have that email account on your iOS device, at the end of a build you can send it to additional addresses.

Also, you need to use the default mail app on the device.

0 Kudos
Aron_J_
Beginner

That just downloads the .ipa file, but it doesn't actually install it as an app that I can open.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Im not sure what you are talking about. Clicking the link in the email that says install OTA does install the app. If you are still having issues, shoot a video of what it is you are doing.

0 Kudos