Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Error installing Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition 2016 for Fortran and C++ Linux

Javier_C_2
Beginner

I am trying to install Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux on Ubuntu 15.10. I get to the final installation update but not a single package is correctly installed. All of them fail. The log file seems to complain about CURL (ERROR: : send_user_stat: unable to init CURL library) but it is installed. It also complains about the MAC address (getMACaddresses: ioctl(SIOCGIFADDR): eth0 didn't work!). I have tried all root/sudo/user installation methods.

Find attached the log file.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Thank you for submitting the issue and the logs. Although Ubuntu 15.10 is not supported yet, I will escalate this issue  for further investigation. The following versions of Ubuntu are supported -  Ubuntu* 12.04 LTS, 13.10, 14.04 LTS, 15.04

As per release notes: https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/0b/32/PSXE2016_Release_Notes_en_US_Lin_Win.pdf

Regards,

0 Kudos
Javier_C_2
Beginner

Hello Devorah,

I tried with the local installer and it worked flawlessly. It seems that the problem only happens with the network installer.

Javi

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hi Javi,

Thank you for letting us know that the installation was successful.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

The installation issue reported has been fixed.  This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or another issue please start a new topic.

Regards,

0 Kudos