Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

FILE IO

Arpit_S_
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to write file on host by setting  MIC_PROXY_FS_ROOT=/home/user/app/

and creating directory proxyfs under this path

here on code i am trying to  fp=fopen("./proxyfs/file.txt","w"); results in following error : 

offload error: process on the device 0 was terminated by signal 11.

Please, suggest me what i am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

This feature was depreciated in the initial MPSS Gold release and documentation was to be updated in the Composer XE 2013 Update 2 release; however, it appears those details were not removed as planned.

You will need to use NFS as an alternative. Details are available in the MPSS readme available at: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-manycore-platform-software-stack-mpss

The error you received is not related to deprecation of this feature but rather likely an insufficient allocation for variables used within the offloaded code. Inspect your allocations to ensure sufficient memory is allocated for pointer variables used within the offloaded code.

0 Kudos
Arpit_S_
Beginner

Hello Mr. Kevin,

My cluster has two mic cards per node.

The /etc/exports on node has following content:

/mic_home 172.26.0.0/21(insecure,rw,no_root_squash)

The /etc/fstab on mic1 is has following content:

172.26.0.212:/mic_home /home nfs proto=tcp,nfsvers=3,nolock 0 0 172.26.0.212:/mic_home/opt /opt nfs proto=tcp,nfsvers=3,nolock 0 0

I am trying to open a file, through program, in write mode at location /home/ in offload section. But is not opening the file, stating permission denied. While I can open it manual on the location, by using touch and other commands.

Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

Regards, Arpit

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The offload runs under a "micuser" user id. Does /mic_home on the host have sufficient "other (or world)" read/write permissions enabled?

0 Kudos