Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Facial Recognition in new SDK

Indulekha_G_
Beginner

Hello!

This is a cross over from one of my older posts regarding facial recognition.

Because the new SDK does not support any CRUD functionality regarding databases, is it still possible to do facial recognition with the new SDK, as there's no database that can be used for comparing faces? 

If it's not possible, would it be worth downgrading the SDK (is that feasible?) or are there better workarounds? If it is possible to still use the new SDK, any advice on how to proceed with the new challenges that the current SDK implementation poses?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bryan_B_Intel1
Employee

Hi Indulekha,

In further testing and consulting with the SDK team, it appears you should be able to save and read the database file. Using the sample (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/code-sample-facial-recognition-using-intel-realsense-sdk), and commenting out the lines shown below, I am still able to created and read the database file:

//recognitionConfig.CreateStorage(DatabaseName, out recognitionDesc);
            //recognitionConfig.UseStorage(DatabaseName);

I have tested this on two systems with both integrated and peripheral F200 cameras. Please try this and let me know your results.

Thanks, Bryan

0 Kudos