Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Galileo IoT devix file transfer mac-galileo

Yuri_B_2
Beginner

Hi everybody.

I have IoT devix image installed in my Galileo and I would like to transfer images from my computer (macbook) to Galileo (root folder for example) by internet, because the Galileo is in the lab and I want to work at home. As I use a macbook, the SSH connection is made by the terminal in mac. I see that in Windows System the SSH platform comes already with an interface that helps us to do the file transfer.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NagaVenkat_K_Intel

In Windows you can use Putty to connect over ssh and for transfer WinSCP would help.

0 Kudos
Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

Yuri B. wrote:

I have IoT devix image installed in my Galileo and I would like to transfer images from my computer (macbook) to Galileo (root folder for example) by internet, because the Galileo is in the lab and I want to work at home. As I use a macbook, the SSH connection is made by the terminal in mac. 

on Linux e.g. (probably similarly on MacOS)

- scp

- sshfs mount Galileo filesystem

- sftp 

- on sender side: "cat <file> | nc <ip Galileo> -p <port>"; on Galileo side: "nc -l <port> > <file>" [not 100% sure whether nc -l is supported out of the box on Galileo]

select your favorit :-) [if I do have to work on a lot of files on Galileo or Edison I tend to sshfs mount the target. That way I can access the target files just like on my host just with more latency]

0 Kudos