Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

HAXM Check and fails to install

Rachui__Steven
Beginner

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad P50.  This system is documented on the Intel site to support VT-x.  I have enabled VT-x and standard virtualization in the BIOS.  When I run HAXM_Check it still reports that VT-d is not supported and I can't install HAXM.  Suggestions?  Is there something specific HAXM_Check is looking for and not finding even though I have clearly enabled VT-x support in the BIOS?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rachui__Steven
Beginner

Thanks for the response but none of those links are helpful.  In fact, I have found all of those links already and many more.  The key question from my initial post - what specifically is HAXM looking for to see that VT-x is enabled?  I have clearly enabled it, your documentation says that my processors are supported yet the HAXM_Check.exe continues to say VT-x is not enabled.  It is.  Without doubt.  I even tried updating my BIOS to no avail.  Really need help with this.

0 Kudos
Bill_L_1
Beginner

I too am looking for the answer to this question. I have searched endlessly online for answers but nothing answers the million dollar question as to what is HAXM_Check.exe actually needing for an answer concerning VT-x, if I had the answer I could probably make my solution. I have an I7 7820X chip and it should have no problems installing, I tested on my other I7 which is a 4770K and it installed fine, but its not my regular development machine. Some information would be helpful and I m hoping for better sources other than the links listed above. I was told that Docker could be the issue so i removed it and I came across a couple of other items that could have maybe been the cause, but I do not want to keep guessing, I would rather just know what it is that its looking for instead of guessing. I disabled hyper v and made sure to remove any network resources that it had created but still have no clear answer. To make things even more confusing, I installed the Intel Processor Identification Utility which tells me that Intel(R) Virtualization Technology is not supported.

Here is the screenshot.

However acording to the task manager on my system, this is the answer it shows. 

I tried Speccy and it tells me that its not supported. I even updated the BIOS for my mother board and no change. What might help is to know where do I go from here. The motherboard I am using is an MSI SLI PLUS x299 board and it does display the option but if i enable or disable it nothing seems to happen.

0 Kudos
DANIEL_K_Intel
Employee

I am using ThinkPad T480. having same issue. Has anybody been able to resolve this.

0 Kudos
Irvine__Paul
Beginner

Okay, so I was having the same problem on my laptop as well, a Lenovo ThinkPad P50, as per the original post. I was getting an error in the event viewer as follows;

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755. The arguments are: 110, R:\Temp\Intel\HAXM\6.0.4\2020-01-22_19-18-20\hax64.msi, 

I tried downloading again, disabling anti-virus, and still no success. In the end I extracted the contents of the archive, and then I extracted the contents of the file intelhaxm-android.exe (using 7Zip) in to a new folder and then ran setup.exe from there. This worked for me, hopefully it will work for others too,

0 Kudos