Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

HDMI no audio

yuee17
Beginner
I have a HP DV6 1350us laptop. The laptop has an intel GMA 4500MHD. I am trying to connect it to my hdtv via a hdmi cable. I get a great picture but no audio.

When I go to playback options in control manager I have 2 options: SPDIF or the computer speakers. I have tried changing the default to SPDIF, but I still did not get any audio.

If you have any ideas how I might be able to get this solved, I would greatly appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yuee17
Beginner

Sorry for all the extra posts. It was not intentional.
0 Kudos
Gina_H_Intel
Employee
Quoting - yuee17

Sorry for all the extra posts. It was not intentional.

Hello,

We have deleted the extra posts.

Regarding your initial issue, you may be best served by contacting the PC manufacturer for support. The forums are used largely for issues relating to programming and design, rather than support with the products. You could also consider visiting http://communities.intel.com/community/tech/graphics.

Regards,

Gina H.
Intel Software Network Support
0 Kudos
shadab_khatib
Beginner
Hi
If your HDTV is getting perfectly detected in your HP DV6 1350us laptop. You will get an audio for HDMI sources in the plyback devices in the sound settings. If you just select that option as sound output you can get sound from your HDTV.
0 Kudos
profiled
Beginner
Have you checked your TV settings? Maybe it doesn't transmit the sound via HDMI, also like someone else sugested try and play with the settings of your playback devices from windows (assuming you have windows).jocurile jocurijocurid
0 Kudos