Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Hand viewer sample does not work

Aleksey_A_
Novice

Hi there.

I have some problem with hands detection in Real sense SDK. I try to run all samples and only one (hand_viewer) does not work, i used a C++ sample, .exe file in bin folder, javascript sample and c# project.

Error occurs in function Init of PXCSenseManager:

int wmain(int argc, WCHAR* argv[]) 
{
    PXCSenseManager* pSenseManager = PXCSenseManager::CreateInstance(); 
    if (!pSenseManager) 
    { 
        wprintf_s(L"Error: PXCSenseManager is unavailable\n"); 
        return PXC_STATUS_ITEM_UNAVAILABLE;
    }
	    pxcStatus result = pSenseManager->EnableHand(); // result == PXC_STATUS_NO_ERROR
    	result = pSenseManager->Init(); //Unhandled exception at ...

return 0;
}

For example, EnableEmotion works:

int wmain(int argc, WCHAR* argv[]) 
{
    	pxcStatus result = pSenseManager->EnableEmotion(); // result == PXC_STATUS_NO_ERROR
	    result = pSenseManager->Init(); // result == PXC_STATUS_NO_ERROR
    return 0;
}

My PC configuration: win 8.1 x64, core i5-4430, camera on USB 3.0 port

Have you any suggestion or reason about this problem?

Best Regards, Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Aleksey_A_
Novice

I have solved the problem - remove all not english letters from the PC user folder name (i had cyrillic), https://software.intel.com/ru-ru/forums/topic/536762#comment-1807920 here Koki T. said that he solved the problem similary, but he had  "Kanji" characters 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Have you connected Intel RealSense Camera? Would you please run SDK_INFO in advanced mode and send the txt file to me so I can help you to debug? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Aleksey_A_
Novice

sdk info in advanced mode:

I cannot attach file with upload form, because dropbox url: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7o2rolvqjdkqix/sdk_info.txt?dl=0

0 Kudos
Arun_D_
Beginner

Hello David,

Even I am having problems with the hand viewer sample. As you can see from the image the sample starts but then it shows "device disconnected". I have also attached my sdk_info. 

hand.jpg

0 Kudos
Kirill_P_
Beginner

Hi everyone.

I have the same problem. The only sample i can't run is hands_viewer. It crushes in   HandsViewer.cpp:405 here :

if (pp->Init() >= PXC_STATUS_NO_ERROR) {

Also every sample have used this feature crushed too.

Please help. It's very important sample for my team, because our  RealSense App Challenge app based on this technology.

0 Kudos
Arun_D_
Beginner

Hello Kirill,

Even I am using the hand viewer in my app. I was trying a variety of things since few days. The hand viewer sample was crashing every time I started it.

Somehow the problem is solved now.

Here's what I did:

1 Since the beginning I was trying the sample in the 'live mode'

2.I changed the mode to 'record'

3.After that there was successful streaming and from that point on wards the live mode is also working properly.

I am not sure what was wrong as my hardware met the requirements still the problem had persisted.

this might be a stupid solution but somehow it worked for me.

Hopefully this is helpful  :)

0 Kudos
Kirill_P_
Beginner

Hello Arun,

thanks for your reply. I read your post above and i think i have different problem. I   can't event get hand image. Program crashes exactly after i press start button. Anyway i have tried your solution and it haven't worked for me.

0 Kudos
jing_h_
Beginner

I got the same pb, when I press start, sudden, it got crush.

0 Kudos
Aleksey_A_
Novice

I have solved the problem - remove all not english letters from the PC user folder name (i had cyrillic), https://software.intel.com/ru-ru/forums/topic/536762#comment-1807920 here Koki T. said that he solved the problem similary, but he had  "Kanji" characters 

0 Kudos
Kirill_P_
Beginner

Aleksey,

thank you! It has solved my problem too.

0 Kudos
Vinicius_B_
Beginner

I have the same problems, but using the latest version of the SDK (2016 R1). The previous versions worked perfectly. All the samples that use hand data are crashing. I've already tried both solutions suggested in this topic but none worked. I can't find any tips of what may be causing this.

Anybody else is facing this too?

I've attached my SDK Information in this post.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
felipe_f_
Beginner

Same here,

I can get the image to show on some of the HandDetection apps, but as soon as I try to show my hands, the program crash.

Other programs do not even open, they crash as soon as I hit the start button.

Running under the debugger, I've found that I get a Heap Corruption.... so there must be some bug lurking on the hand detection feature.

0 Kudos
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Your system did not meet RealSense SDK requirement. It need 4th gen and later CPU. You can find details @https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/doc_devguide_hardware_and_software_requirements.html. Thanks!

Vinicius B. wrote:

I have the same problems, but using the latest version of the SDK (2016 R1). The previous versions worked perfectly. All the samples that use hand data are crashing. I've already tried both solutions suggested in this topic but none worked. I can't find any tips of what may be causing this.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Vinicius_B_
Beginner

David, I believe that this requirements had not changed since the first version of the SDK. Right?

The strange thing about this is that this is the first version of the SDK that I have this problem and my F200 camera was one of the first to be sent (I bought it in the pre-order). I did a rollback to a previous version of the SDK and all works flawlessly.

Anyway, I'll keep working with the older version since it's the one compatible with my system.

Thanks

David Lu (Intel) wrote:

Your system did not meet RealSense SDK requirement. It need 4th gen and later CPU. You can find details @https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/d.... Thanks!

Quote:

Vinicius B. wrote:

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos