Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tam__My
Beginner

How to debug a library used by a program in the offload section?

Hi!

I want to debug my library which my program uses in the offload section.

1. I tried to use library with debugging information. ​I use the following command line to build the library:

:: set environment call D:\Intel\compilers_and_libraries\windows\bin\compilervars.bat intel64 :: compile icl /Qmic -c -g -Wall -Werror -fpic mylib/*.cpp -lm icl /Qmic -g -shared -o libmylib.so *.o

The size of the library tells me that the debugging information is included in it. When I'm try to debug a program (I use VS 2015 and Intell Parallel Studio 2017), the debugger does not go inside a library.

2. I tried to use the library source files for debugging, but I can't compile a program. 

Simple example:

main.cpp

#pragma offload_attribute(push, target(mic)) #include "nativelib.h" #include <iostream> #pragma offload_attribute(pop) int main(int artc, char* argv[]) { #pragma offload target(mic) { std::cout << someFunc(3, 5); } return 0; };

nativelib.h

#ifndef nativelib_h__ #define nativelib_h__ int someFunc(int, int); #endif

nativelib.cpp

#include "nativelib.h" int someFunc(int a, int b) { return a + 2 * b; };

And it lead to link error: "undefined reference to `someFunc(int, int)' ". Of course I can only use header files, but this is not a very nice option.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong in the above options or explain another version of the debugging the library used in the offload section.

0 Kudos
0 Replies