Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Installation Problem on Windows 10

Jens_S_1
Beginner

I just got the camera today and I am in the process of testing it for a customer who is interested in the Windows Hello security.  However, the driver installation fails with an error message indicating that it cannot find the camera.

In addition to the screenshot showing the error message, I have also included the installation log and some screenshots showing my CPU, motherboard and device manager.  The device manager seems to find 3 new devices as shown in the screenshot and so I am guessing that this is a driver problem.

I have also tried two different USB 3.0 ports, but the result remained the same.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Could you please go to %TEMP%\micl_tmp_%username and collect all the log under 2015. XXXXXXXXXX to me so we can do further investigation? Since you are using windows 10, you also can use windows update to install latest DCM. You can try updating depth driver from device manager by right clicking on F200 Depth device under imaging devices and selecting Update Driver -> Search for latest online.

0 Kudos
Jens_S_1
Beginner

David, please find the logs you are looking for attached to this email.

On the driver installation using Windows 10:

• The 'Depth" driver is the one from Windows 10
  • The "Microphone Array" driver is from Windows 10 as well
  • Windows 10 doesn't seem to have a driver for the "USB video device"

Is there a ZIP for the video driver available?  If so, I could try to install it manually using the device manager.

Anyhow, I hope the log files will help finding a solution.

0 Kudos
Dragos_Ioan_C_
Beginner

Jens, you need to install the Camera Driver from the Intel website. That will get you the correct drivers. Windows will NOT install the correct drivers for the camera.

Please go to https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download , scroll down and select your Camera Driver (F200 or R200, depending on your model).

0 Kudos
Jens_S_1
Beginner

Dragos, thank you for your reply.

The error message in my first message prevents me from installing the Intel driver.  If somebody has the actual driver files in a ZIP file, I could try to force an installation through the device manager itself.

0 Kudos
Jens_S_1
Beginner

I found that I can install the Creative drivers from here:

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=218&CatName=Web+Cameras&subCatID=231&subCatName=MIDI+Keyboards&prodID=22257&prodName=Intel+RealSense+Developer+Kit&bTopTwenty=1&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_22257,VARSET=CategoryID:218&;

The installation completes successfully.  So, I am guessing that the Intel drivers are missing some hardware ID flags.  Hopefully, Intel is monitoring this forum?

Of course installing the Creative drivers created a wagon load of new issues:

- Still cannot install the Intel SDK
- Except the Windows 10 Camera app, no other software can use the camera (Sky or of the Intel RealSense apps)
- Doesn't seem to work very stable...
- The Creative drivers replace the sound array driver with a creative driver which seems to have issues (sound worked better with the Windows 10 driver)

I understand that this is a development product, but the experience has been pretty frustrating so far.  My company wanted to take a look at the SDK to see if it can be utilized to increase logon security for one of our clients, but we are already failing on even getting the hardware to work...

I also don't understand why Creative and Intel release driver versions independently.  That seems to be a problem right in step 1.

0 Kudos
Charles_H_2
Beginner

Hi,

I have also problems with the camera see logfiles.

System info Win 10 Core I5 5gen RAM 8GB483987

Thanks Charles

0 Kudos
Jens_S_1
Beginner

It seems that more and more people are having issues on Windows 10.

I am suspicious that Creative changed the hardware id in the latest batch of cameras.  So, we won't be able to install our cameras unless Intel releases a new driver.  I can also confirm that the Creative driver is completely useless.  It doesn't register the camera properly and so you can't use any RealSense applications including the SDK.

What worries me is the fact that our cameras could also simply be broken, but I have no idea how we could confirm that.

Let's hope we can get some feedback soon!

0 Kudos
Dragos_Ioan_C_
Beginner

The error message says that no F200 camera could be detected.

Are you sure that you have connected the F200 to a USB 3.0 port ? 

Also, don't install Creative drivers, the only drivers that work will come with the camera manager: http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/7787/intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.41944.exe

0 Kudos
Jens_S_1
Beginner

Yes, I am sure.  In fact when I connect it to a USB 2.0 port, Windows doesn't find the camera either.

Since my motherboard has two USB 3.0 controllers (Intel and AS Media), I also tried using either one.  Both can see the camera, but Intel's driver doesn't see it...

I wish there would be some kind of support from Intel.  I have posted a lot of information above, but there has been no feedback...

I also did some more testing and found that the Windows 10 camera application can use the camera just fine.  So, I am guessing that the driver is looking for a specific hardware id that my camera doesn't have...

0 Kudos
Jens_S_1
Beginner

Good news!  The latest Windows 10 release upgrade fixed the problem for me.  The driver installation is now telling me that a newer driver is already installed and I was able to install the entire SDK.  Furthermore, all applications (RealSense apps, Skype, etc.) suddenly recognize the camera.

So, if your Windows 10 doesn't recognize your camera, I suggest to upgrade your windows to the latest version (Windows 10 1511).

I have one question though.  I am guessing that Windows has updated the driver, but what about the firmware?

0 Kudos
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Great heard the windows TH2 did fix this issue. The FW will upgrade during the driver installation. It will check FW version during the installation and you can choose if you want to upgrade it or not. Thanks!

Jens S. wrote:

Good news!  The latest Windows 10 release upgrade fixed the problem for me.  The driver installation is now telling me that a newer driver is already installed and I was able to install the entire SDK.  Furthermore, all applications (RealSense apps, Skype, etc.) suddenly recognize the camera.

So, if your Windows 10 doesn't recognize your camera, I suggest to upgrade your windows to the latest version (Windows 10 1511).

I have one question though.  I am guessing that Windows has updated the driver, but what about the firmware?

0 Kudos