Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Installation and Visual Studio 2010 Integration

Woogoo
Beginner
Hi,

Having installed Window 7 Ultimate N (x64) from MSDN I am unable to correctly install the ICC Pro (v11.1.070 update 8). My support has expired but should not be an issue as I am attempting to install the last available ICC. Visual Studio is also from MSDN as well here is the output from the Welcome section of the Installer:

****************************************************************************************
Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Windows* installation can continue, but take note

The Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Windows* requires that a Microsoft* development product be installed. Refer to the Release Notes for a list of the required Microsoft* development tools.
Installation can continue; however, you will have to enter full path for installed Microsoft Platform SDK.

The following components can not be installed:
- Integration(s) in Microsoft Visual Studio*
- Intel Parallel Debugger Extension
- Integrated Documentation
Installation can continue; however, these components will not be installed because they require that a supported Microsoft* development tools be installed. Refer to the Release Notes for a list of the required Microsoft* development tools.
****************************************************************************************

I can't see what the issue is as both VS 2010 Pro is installed along with the Platform SDK 7.1 with .NET v4, is there something I am missing here?

Your help would be appreciated.

--
Bill

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Igor_V_Intel
Employee
Dear Bill,

Note that VS2010 is not supported in 11.1 version of the compiler. This is the reason why the integration, documentation and Parallel Debugger Extension (also a plug-in for VS)to VS2010 failed to be installed.
You should download the latest version of the compiler (12.0 aka Composer XE) which supports the VS2010.

Regards,
Igor
0 Kudos
Woogoo
Beginner
Thanks for the reply Igor, I would like to download the Composer XE but as my subscription has expired I am unable to to this.

--
Bill
0 Kudos