Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Installation of HAXM in OS X 10.8.5 fails

Alex_Z_
Beginner

Hello,

I have installed android adt bundle and I am trying to install Intel HAXM accelerator in OS X 10.8.5. I have tried to download it through eclipse SDK manager and from intel website. Both methods didnt work. I have tried to install 1.0.6 and 1.0.7. Both version didnt work. My macbook supports all the required technologies, I have installed it with first try on bootcamp windows 7 partition. The error I get when I try to install the .pkg file is "the installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance". I have tried everything but cant make it work. Gatekeeper is off and other 3rd party .pkg files can be installed fluently.

Can you help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexander_W_Intel

Hi Alex,

can you attach the HAXM related parts of your install log? You find it in /var/log/install.log ?

Thanks,
Alex

0 Kudos
Alex_Z_
Beginner

Dear Alexander,

I would like to thank you for prompting me to look at the log file as I hadn't thought of that.

It was the VodafoneMobile.kext that was causing the problem which was installed from Vodafone Mobile Broadband application. It seems like a known issue in Intel forums from what I see.

Thanks anyway,

Alex

0 Kudos
Alexander_W_Intel

Hi Alex,

I'm glad that your issue is solved.

Thanks for reporting back!
Alex

0 Kudos